DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsdouble treecookieshockey tournamentbreakfast buffetnice hotela hilton honors memberlobby areahot tubindoor poolhotel stafffront desk staffconvenient locationatriumrochesterjerryhighwayconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed at this Hotel during Wemans LPGA and received excellent service from all the staff ,generally, and particularly from Sue-ellen and Heather in the restaurant. Will opt for this hotel when visiting the Rochester area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Gregory L, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Bashir,

Thank you for your comments. I enjoyed meeting you as well. It is very nice to hear that you enjoy our Hotel and the city of Rochester. I am glad that you have found our city as a destination for great golf. With over 70 public and private golf courses in the area, there is surely something for every level of golfer.

Also, the city of Rochester is very lucky to be able to host the Wegman LPGA Championship, as well as, the PGA Championship in 2013!

We will see you again soon. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have stayed here twice for business. On both occasions the front desk staff were very friendly, prompt and helpful. The same can be said for the breakfast staff, especially Sue Ellen, who remembered me from the first visit, and was a thoughtful and efficient server.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Gregory L, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

BusyTraveler:

I am pleased to report that Sue Ellen was our employee of the month. I appreciate your comments and I enjoy sharing our reviews with the staff.

We look forward seeing you again real soon. Thank you!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Arrived and check in was a breeze. Hotel staff was nice and friendly. Pool was great for the kids. Everything was going well until 1am. On one side if the floor you had teenagers dancing and being extremely loud. Called down to the front desk and they said security would take are of it. An hour later still no security so I took matters into my own hands. The teenagers got the point and there mother came out and got then. An hour later this was at 3am. Adults were in the hallway drinking and were extremely loud. They were at the other end of the hallways had to be over 200 feet from my room. They were so loud. Again the front desk was called and same reply security Wouk take care of it. Well I know for a fact that 4 others called down because we were with a group of friends and others were complaining in the elevator about the noise levels. Don't stay here if you want to get sleep. They offered us a free breakfast but we are gold members and had already paid for the breakfast. The staff was nice but the noise was out of control. Security was not doing there job.

• Stayed: June 2013
Gregory L, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

MtMullins,

I am sorry that you experienced this isolated incident. We are reviewing your comments with our management and security team to ensure that we do not have a repeat of this occurrence.

I am always energized to hear the great comments about our staff and yes; families love our indoor atrium and pool!

Thank you very much and safe travels...

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Jerry and Susan provided me with a great breakfast service each day during my stay. I was always taken to the group table we desired. Jerry and Susan always remembered my choices of beverage for breakfast each day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert,

We really appreciate all of our regular guests, what a great opportunity to get to know you from week to week. Please feel free to contact us if we can do anything to make your stay exceptional.

Jerry and Susan are a great team in our restaurant. I would also like to mention their partner; Heather and our 2 chefs: Evans and Aaron. They have been working together for some time and really take pride in making your breakfast experience a pleasant one...

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Price/value pretty good for the area. But the furniture is a little worn. Worse for us the free wifi in the lobby is weak and you must pay to get it in your room. Most hotels bundle wifi for free. Finally there was some road noise to be aware of.

• Stayed: June 2013
Gregory L, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Good morning!

Thank you very much for taking time to complete a survey on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments. Our Hotel takes our feedback very seriously as we continue to make improvements to our Hotel.

Safe Travels.