“Good staff, nice lobby but dirty room”

Doubletree by Hilton Rochester
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Chicago, Illinois
“Good staff, nice lobby but dirty room”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

i think the hotel staff was great, professional and very courteous. Checking-in and checking-out was a breeze, quick and efficient and not to mention a solid chocolate chip cookie as well.

Problem...unfortunately, the room. I am not the pickiest person nor someone that will complain much, but the room was beyond clean for what I would expect. Two basic issues:

1) Had someone's long hair underneath my bed pillow. Gross.

2) Had a hair on one of the rolled up towels in the bathroom.

3) Bath tub water was clogged and wouldn't go down.

#3 wasn't even of the world, but the first two points, you have to admit are kind of disgusting. I didn't make a fuss about it, it was a short trip, but was I disappointed, yes.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Patrick M, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Rochester, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words on our front desk staff and service and we apologize for the issues you encountered with guestroom cleanliness. We have share your comments with our housekeeping team and assure you steps have been taken to improve our guests' experience moving forward. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

An AMAZING hotel overall, the only complaint I have is the inconsistency between "check-in times" and "estimated arrival for preordered room service" If check-in isn't until 3PM, don't give me options for estimated arrival at times before 3PM.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have stayed at this Doubletree once before as a team competing in Soccer Tournaments in Chili and Greece. Both were good experiences. We would have liked a Fridge in our King Bed Room, my 18 year daughter and team mate had the adjoining Double Beds and they had a Fridge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Rochester, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were there for a soccer tourney. The room was ok -nothing special. The pluses were that the hotel gave the teams use of a room to gather and have a team dinner. The drawbacks were no free internet in room, no complimentary breakfast and there was no one around to clean up the gathering room during the evening the teams used it. The front desk staff was ok, not all that welcoming, just indifferent. For the price ($119/night) I thought it was overpriced.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Simsbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We moved to Rochester in 2012, and during that time, my husband stayed at this DoubleTree for 9 months while we were transitioning and buying a house. I was with him there for the last 3 months. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff was friendly, and the food was terrific. I don't ear sugar or flour, and I had no trouble eating just the meat and veggies that I like.

The only issue was with the constant weekend booking of kids from hockey and soccer tournaments. Unfortunately, many weren't well supervised by parents, who generally let them run around screaming. This usually only impacted us on Thursday nights though, as we returned home to New England on the weekends to spend them with our families. Fortunately, with our premium status, the DoubleTree typically checked us into a room at the end of the hall to cut down on noise. Just be warned, this hotel is packed with noisy and often not-so-well-behaved kids every weekend.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Columbia, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The double Tree in Rochester NY is the BEST. I Loved the room and location. The Hotel Staff was Awesome. The Breakfast was not so Great for the price, servers were not that friendly or attentive. I would stay there again and again, just would not eat in there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Randolph, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Dining Service was phenomenal! Zeke cooked a mean omelet and kept my husband in conversation as well. Connor T. anticipated every need prior to my request. It was GREAT!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family