“NEVER AGAIN”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Chicago, United States
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Rude front desk, got charged $52 extra for who knows what on top of the $169 rate. Rooms were nice but not $222 a night nice! I would def look into a different hotel as this one was terrible! There are many moor hotels to choose from in Henrietta that don't rip you off so move on people!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Katie B, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Jennifer S,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us. I see that you did have a rate of $169.95 which does not include our tax. The tax percentage here is 14% which would be added to the rate. Also when you check into a hotel with a Credit or Debit card it does authorize for the full amount plus an additional amount to cover any incidentals that you may incur while staying at the hotel. If you have any questions concerning this please contact me directly and I would be happy to speak with you. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you in the future!
P(585) 475-1510 EXT: 160

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Turkish first
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Room #332 11-13Jul2014. 12-yr old daughter AND wife (bleeding heel) stuck by exposed carpet nails along bathroom threshold. Nothing done. Service put towel down never returned. No compensation. A friend’s room was given away and forced to stay 10miles away at Holiday Inn. "Customer Service" front desk horrible all around

Dear Scott G.
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I apologize that we have not responded back to you sooner. I appreciate you bringing the issues that you experienced to our attention so that we can address them appropriately. If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to talk to you about your stay. Our phone number is 585-475-1510 and my ext is 160.Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you.
Seattle
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Room 406 was large and most things worked. The lamps need to be replaced--the switches were very funky (hard to turn off, turned themselves back on) and the power outlets were finicky about making contacting with my various chargers--one morning my phone hadn't charged at all. The wall outlets are hard to access so I couldn't try them.

The breakfast staff, and the buffet, was excellent! $15

Parking is easy. There is a mall across the road, but it's not very walkable.

We didn't ask much of reception, but they were pleasant.

The interior design of the hotel exposes inside-facing rooms to the very large, verdant foyer with bar and swimming pool. We could hear noise from those public areas clearly. It may be quieter in rooms facing outside.

I was able to connect my phone to the TV via HDMI cable and easily adjust the TV to the right input to watch movies.

The wifi was weak in our room, but it worked. The hotel wanted to charge us for wifi (who does that anymore--fix your policy!) but then relented and gave it free to our whole party (we were occupying many rooms).

The biggest problem was housekeeping. If we didn't put a DND sign on the door, they were knocking on the door and annoying us at 8:30 am, even on the day we were checking out. But when we used to the sign to scare them off, then removed it after breakfast, they didn't return to clean the room or empty wastebaskets. This happened to us twice in five days, and to several of our friends in a large wedding party.

I left a handwritten note about this with reception to give to the general manager. I never got any response. For me, that is a reason to boycott and I will try other hotels in the area before staying here again.

Dear SamWoodward,
I apologize for the delay in our response. Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry that you did not have a great experience while you were here. We strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and I apologize that we did not meet yours. I have followed up with the respective departments that you mentioned and will use your feedback to help us improve our customer service. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again in the future.
Sutton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel due to a family wedding in the area. We could not have been more happy with our experience. Staff was very personable, courteous and knowledgeable. Our room was bright, clean & spacious. We got the breakfast package with our overnight stay and we could not have been more satisfied with the meal!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Allie E.,
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree for your accommodations while visiting Rochester for your family's wedding! If you are ever in the Rochester area again please stop in for a warm cookie!
Blandford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I've traveled here on business three times since April; had a 4th stay planned but cancelled and am staying at another Hilton. This place while conveniently located to major roads, stores and a plethora of chain restaurants seriously needs a makeover. As one other reviewer said, "it's tired". Each time I've stayed there's been something not quite right but this time with the pervasive cigarette smoke on the guest floors I decided not to return. I called and complained and had my floor changed but found upon returning from dinner the next evening someone was smoking on the second floor I was put on. Last time it was the broken A/C that wasn't addressed until the morning I was leaving along with housekeeping service that was sub-par. Overall, this hotel really doesn't have a clean feel to it. The carpets are old and worn in the common areas and rooms. Both rooms I was in this time had stained carpets and chairs. The desk chairs were broken so they couldn't be raised and the bathroom was not as clean as I expect in a hotel room. As a business traveler I see a lot of hotels, this one has the potential to be much better but it's needs some major updates. Has no fridge, which I also found to be a drawback. Staff pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear TobyB200412,
We appreciate you taking the time to give us our feedback about your stay with us! We are always striving to exceed our guests expectations and improve our customer service. In response to your comment about the hotel being tired, we are actually getting ready to go through a 5,000,000 dollar renovation of the hotel! We are going to be updating everything from the rooms, lobby, furniture and exterior. Please stop in and see how our progress is coming when you are in Rochester again!
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel is clean, bright and airy with a huge atrium that really let's the light shine in. We had a kings sized bed room which was ample. Internet was free and reliable. The breakfast was surprisingly good for hotel fare. It is convenient to major roads and parking is free. Of course, since it is a Doubletree, you are greeted with fresh baked cookies which are much appreciated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up.
Dear Mark S,
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us! We appreciate your nice comments and hope that you will stop in and see us when you are in the Rochester area again!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is a bit dated and shows some wear, but I found it to be comfortable, clean, and safe. Being greeted with a fresh cookie is always a plus, and front desk staff was pleasant. I was visiting on business, and was able to kick back and relax in the evenings. It's conveniently located near several restaurants, many within walking distance. I enjoyed eating breakfast in the restaurant twice, and my server was fantastic! I had a rental car and was pleased with the ample parking.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sara G,
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton for your accommodations while visiting Rochester! We appreciate your nice comments and wanted to let you know how important your feedback is to us! We are also excited to inform you that we will be undergoing a 5,000,000 dollar renovation to the hotel. We will be updating everything from the guest rooms to the exterior. Please stop in for a warm cookie and see how our progress is coming!