“annoyed”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
buffalo, United States
“annoyed”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

It was terrible, noone told us we needed a 100 dollar deposit so when we got there we needed it. Noone helped us whwen we got there.. People kept just avoiding us, tried wishing they would accomadate us or not let us pay our deposit since I didnt have it or was told,.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Katie B, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Hilary G,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize that you were not informed of the proper information regarding putting a deposit down when you pay cash and for not receiving the service that you deserve. I will make sure that I follow up with out staff. If you are in the Rochester area again I would be happy to personally take care of your reservations for you. You can contact me at 585-475-1510 ext 160. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Turkish first
Buffalo, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were in town for a wedding and every aspect of the Hotel made us feel special. The employees were helpful and kind, from the reception and check-in to the cleaning staff. The room was clean and fresh. We enjoyed every aspect of our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert T, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
John B.

Thank you so much for your most recent comments during your stay. We too enjoyed having you and we just wanted to thank you for allowing us to share such a memorable day with you.
syracuse ny
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel overnight. Chose it due to proximity to I-90, ease of off and on. It is in a good location, near stores and eateries, ie. starbucks, wendys, Marshalls, Christmas tree store, Dennys, etc. The hotel itself is adequate but not overwhelmingly appealing. It has a dated appearance, carpet and furnishings look like they are late 80s-90s. Kind of strange layout, the indoor pool is right off the lobby, you pass by it to get to hotel elevators to rooms, you look out of the glass elevator onto the pool. The room itself was fine, nice, clean, furnishings ok. We had two double beds, my daughter's was fine, but mine was very out of shape, mattress had a big dip to one side of the bed! I felt like I was going to roll off the bed, it was very uncomfortable. They should probably replace that mattress! The check in staff were very pleasant and welcoming, we liked the free warm cookie we got on arrival, that's a nice touch. For the $$, I would probably stay in a Hampton next time. They seem to be more updated and include complimentary breakfast. (I had tried to stay at the Hampton but they had no rooms).

Room Tip: This looks like an old hotel that had balconies to the outdoors at one point. Looks like they enclos...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear mlb 50,

I just wanted to thank you for staying with us and sharing your observations. We are glad you enjoyed our traditional warm cookie andthat our team was very pleasant. Rest assure we are actually in the design stage of a $5,000,000 dollar renovation. As you might imagine we are all excited about the future renovations and can't wait for them to begin. Please visit us again and when you do please say hi, we would love to meet you.
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have been staying at this hotel at least twice a year since 2010. I will say the hotel service used to be exceptional, now it is just ok. We checked in, and got into our room and there were finger nail clippings on the sink countertop. (Only 2 and they kinda matched the granite) I can understand how they were possibly missed, and we just ignored it and continued our stay.

We went for breakfast, and we were seated by the Food and Beverage Manager of Bistro 252, we were seated and waited for at least 10 minutes for someone to offer us water, coffee, or orange juice. This did not happen. We went to the buffet and got our food sat back down, kept making eye contact with our waiter He didn't come over or acknowledge us. We then went over to the waiter station and poured our own coffee and water. My wife then went up to the manager and said we wern't served.

The hotel did send up a handwritten note with chocolate covered strawberries and merlot to apologize, which I thought was a nice touch, and an appreciated gesture for the breakfast mishap.

All in all it was just an ok stay. I honestly just wish the basics had been taken care of....being able to pour a water, orange juice and coffee, and not miss some fingernail clippings on the counter in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Robert T, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear soccerguy985,

First of all i just wanted to apologize and thank you for your most recent comments. I am glad that my Food and Beverage Team took the initiative to try to make things right for the wait at breakfast. I did share your comments with my housekeeping team. Needless to say they were embarrassed and ask me to apologize to you for them. We would love for you to give us another try. When you do please ask for me. Thanks again for letting us know!
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here one night while on a business trip, and found everything I look for in a hotel at this property.

While it may be an older property, my room was clean, quiet, and comfortable, the staff were very friendly, and customer service oriented.

The food and service at the lounge during the evening, and in the morning at breakfast was excellent. The breakfast buffet is full service with everything you could ask for, and made to order omelets.

I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Katie B, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Nitroxprt,
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton for your accommodations while visiting Rochester! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us! We constantly striving to go above and beyond for our guests expectations. We are also getting excited about the upcoming renovations that we have scheduled for the hotel! We will be updating everything from the rooms to the common areas. Please come by and see us when you are in Rochester and see how are the updates are coming along!

Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

In general, you can't go wrong with a Double Tree. This was is so-so. Traveling across the state and needed to stop for the night. Location was good, easy to find. There was too long a wait to check in (they should have had the manager deal with the person with the problem and check in those waiting). The desk help was very polite. Restaurant was open late and good for a bite to eat. There's a pool that's right next to the lobby (odd location) and it has a chlorine smell there as a result. Room was fairly clean but could use a good scrubbing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Robert T, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear CMKNY,

Thank you for being a loyal Doubletree Traveler and for your most recent comments during your stay. I do apologize for the long wait at check in. Where we do pride ourselves in having a quick check in process I do appreciate your observations at check in. I am glad my team was very polite during your check in and that you appreciated the late night restaurant service.
If you do pass through Rochester again, please stop by and say hi we would love to meet you.

Thanks again,
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Staff that checked us in was amazing. Young lady who replaced the toiletries we'd forgotten made an otherwise embarrasing request into a model for exceptional customer service. Breakfast staff - our waitress in particular - made us feel like family!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Micheal H.

Thank you so much for your most recent comments in regards about our team. Although I have only been at this property for a short time I have to agree They are a fanastic team and I am so glad to be part of it.

Thanks again,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta
Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester? Share your experiences!