“Opinion of Residence Inn Rochester”

Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
New York City, New York
“Opinion of Residence Inn Rochester”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

If you want to cook on your own with a kitchen, this is the place to go. It is very clean and there are two bedrooms including a sofa bed. There is free wi fi as well. I would come back to rent out this place again with my family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We are glad that our hotel was able to meet your needs and we look forward to seeing you again.

Thank You!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Maineville, Ohio
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have been here for almost three weeks, with about four more weeks to go if I can make it. Everything is good as most of the Residence Inns I stay at with the exception of the wifi. It honestly is the worse internet I have been connected to in the last 5 years. I travel for my job, and rely on the wifi for my job, and entertainment while I travel. My VPN connection actually lags when I am on the company server, much less trying to stream HBO Go. I asked the front desk if there was anything that could be done? She said no, but they have been trying to get Marriott to update there system for a long time and they won't. I honestly might have to find another place before I go crazy. I constantly am connecting to my mifi card because it is a better connection, but I have burned through about two thirds of my plan already, with a couple weeks before it recycles. So, I would recommend this place unless you need the internet, because it will drive you crazy, with the in and out connections.

Room Tip: First floor for ease of access, can hear foot traffic though.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for sharing this issue with us. I can completely understand how frustrating it can be without having the tools needed to both enjoy your stay and accomplish your daily tasks.

Please contact me directly and I will do everything I can to remedy this issue.

Thank You.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We used Marriott points here and I thought we might get the "back of the bus" treatment but we had a lovely room, separate area with kitchen and table and desk and sofa, really clean. Food at breakfast different everyday, nice change from the normal "hot" breakfast at the chains. Evening reception during week included wine and beer, and the night we could eat there, burgers.
Only complaint I had was no grab bar in tub area. Room was quiet, bed comfy, choice of pillows, staff friendly and brought more towels as needed. Also good location for us.

Room Tip: We were in the 3 story building behind the normal cottages. Newer building. Easy access to main buil...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
We always appreciate when our Rewards members stay with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Moreover, it is always good to hear comments from our guests in order to better serve you the next time.

Again my deepst thanks for staying with us.
East Hampton, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I am on a business trip and have enjoyed the stay here. The room is very comfortable and I always like having a little more room than a typical hotel room. The breakfast is hosted by a very nice lady that keeps everything fresh and available. The hotel is in a quiet area but close to many stores and restaurants, within a short drive.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. I will most definitely share these with the staff and our breakfast attendant.

Thank you for staying with us!!!
Binghamton, NY
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were in the area for an event and only stayed one night. We used Mariott Rewards points for the room, which was definitely worth it. The hotel is in a great location on Jefferson Road near shopping and dining, with good access to I-390. The room was large and very comfortable in what appeared to be the newer tower building. I would have been very comfortable staying in the room for a longer period if necessary. Did not spend much time at the hotel but the shower pressure was fantastic and the bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was also very impressive for a hotel, with several different options for hot foods, an oatmeal station, and a waffle station with standard waffles and a flavored waffle. All in all, a great stay in a good location and we would use this hotel again when in the Rochester area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to have a great time-eventhough it was brief.

We look forward to seeing you again!!!
Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We chose this hotel as an intermediate stop on a vacation trip to Portland ME and were very pleased with our experience. As a Marriott Premier Elite card holder we have stayed at a number of Residence Inn locations and have been a bit surprised at the inconsistent quality of the brand. However, this Residence Inn facility was excellent. Our room was exceptionally clean, with everything ready and in great condition. The staff members--in particular Marsha checking us in and Clare checking us out--were extremely polite and efficient. We will be staying at this location on our drive back home and are looking forward to another wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HoosierTraveller2013
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel and both Clara and Marsha. It is always great to hear about the awesome service and hospitality that our guests receive.

Again thank you very much!!!
Toronto
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed two nights while shopping. Conveniently located near restaurants and malls, with Waterloo Outlet Premium mall about 45 mins away. We checked in early and were immediately given a room. However we found out, once we got in the room, that it was a handicapped room. There was also a strange musty odor. I am quite surprised that a handicapped room was assigned without even asking if that was ok. A quick call and we were able to move.

Breakfast was plentiful and our room was clean. Three minor complaints. 1). Hair dryer in the room was the worst I have ever come across while travelling and I travel a lot, and have done so for years. You have to hold the button down on the handle for it to work. My thumbs kept cramping (I have long hair) and I had to keep switching hands. 2). Internet was quite slow at times. 3). The pool towels are large hand towels. You need a few to dry off, however they too were plentiful.

Would definitely stay here again (would just bring my own hair dryer!!).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for letting me know about the chllenges you had with your room and I will most definitely make sure that we handle those areas immediately. Moreover, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the property.

Again my apologes and deepest thanks.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Doubletree by Hilton Rochester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area

Been to Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta? Share your experiences!