“Great breakfast, nice staff, but shabby room” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta

Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Great breakfast, nice staff, but shabby room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel (or at least room 414) is in need of an update and refurbishing. The lobby area was very nice and the breakfast was wonderful. But the accomodations are showing their age and the decor looks outdated. The interior doors in our suite would not stay closed. The exterior door was unbelievably drafty. We tried to adjust the heat vents to accomodate this difference in temperature, but could not because the adjustment levers were painted solidly in place. There was no surface on which to open a suitcase, not even a luggage rack, in either room (bedroom and living room). The kitchen was nice, although the refrigerator door opened in an illogical and inconvenient direction. The toilet was tiny, the shower stall was a very flimsy type of liner. The toilet paper was the thinnest/cheapest type. The tile in the front hallway was like ice when wet, which was all the time as we were there during snow season and went in and out frequently to walk our dog. This place would probably be a lot more inviting during the warmer months but in winter it is a disadvantage to have the accomodations in separate buildings from the main lobby building which has a lovely fireplace, breakfast area, fitness center, and computer terminals. We had to bundle up like we were at the North Pole every time we wanted to enjoy any of those amenities. All of this could probably be remedied with the rehab/upgrade that I understand is coming this year. I will say the staff was very friendly and they maintained the sidewalks very well, clearing the snow immediately.

Room Tip: If it is cold outside get as close as possible to the main building.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Karen B. Thank you very much for your comments. There are most definitely areas of the property that need updating and we are gladly going to be taking these on in the upcoming year. I am glad that the service you received was a positive experience and we hope to see you again in the near future.

My deepest thanks and humblest apologies!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

...this is a nice home away from home.
We stayed here for a couple of days to move our daughter into a local college and attend orientation. Henrietta is probably a lovely place to live, but there's not much to visit. If we had to go (and we had to go with a very large van full of stuff) this was a nice place to stay, convenient to the University our daughter was attending, convenient to plenty of chain restaurants and a few locally owned favorites for dinner.

The staff was instantly friendly to us and after a long drive, we really appreciated that. Our room was second floor suite with a full kitchen, living area and bed all open to each other. There was a pull out couch for our daughter and a comfy bed for us.

The bath is off of the bed room area with a split, vanity sink area and another closed door area with the toilet and tub and shower combo. The only issue we had with this room, is that in order to open the sofa bed you have to rearrange the furniture significantly, or the bed will hit some furniture that doesn't move, so you have to move the whole couch. Hopefully, if you need the couch there are two of you to do it!

The included breakfast buffet was really well stocked, lots of hot foods; waffle maker, hot cereal, buffet with eggs, warm breads, meats, and home fries. Also, there are cold cereals, pastries, yogurt, fruit, and plenty of juice and coffee, and tea options. The staff here is excellent and helpful, keeping things tidy and helping you find things. Most of the "dishware" is paper. The TV is on, and newspapers are available to keep up to date. There are plenty of tables, but it can get busy, I saw some people bringing breakfast back to their suite.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
We are glad that you were able to have a great experience during your stay. It is always good to hear that families were able to have a good experience during their stay and even more so that they were able to enjoy the amenities of the hotel.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this property at least 6 times over the past few years, and generally have had good experiences. On the plus side, the staff have always been great. We want to single out Celeste in the breakfast room because she is truly a terrific ambassador for the hotel. Unfortunately, the room we had this stay (424) needs a major makeover. In fairness, we have had very nice rooms in the past, and this room may be on the list for upgrading. If not, it should be. The linoleum in the master bath is curling at the sides and away from the tub, and the woodwork is cracked and in need of paint. The furniture is dated and should be replaced along with the uncomfortable bed and pillows. The WiFi as reported by others is not friendly nor fast. I so wanted to enjoy this stay, but was disappointed. If Management is reading this, please take room 424 off the rotation until it can be refurbished and upgraded.

Stayed December 2013
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you so much for your comments and we will most definitely address these issues. We pride ourselves in making sure that every room is kept to the highest standards and we obviously have some work to do.
I am glad to let you know that we will be going under renovations starting this year and will have a new product to share with you and the rest of our Marriott family. As to the internet we will be upgrading our service this month and I am sure that you will most definitely see the improvement.

Again thank you very much for your comments.
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

The only complaint I have is that it is not a quiet hotel. The paper thin walls allow you to hear any noise your neighbors make. Do NOT get a room at ground level. You will hear every steps above you. It is too bad otherwise it's not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. My apologies for the less than perfect evening you had with us.

I hope that you will stay with us again and we can most definitely assure you a quieter room.
Holden, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Once again we had a great stay in Rochester due to the great accommodations as well as the staff, especially Marsha at the front desk. The breakfast was wonderful with a homey feel. Thank you and we will return!! Also very easy access to main highways.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
We are delighted that you had such a great experience with us. Marsha truly is a great asset to the hotel.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank You!!!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

If you want to cook on your own with a kitchen, this is the place to go. It is very clean and there are two bedrooms including a sofa bed. There is free wi fi as well. I would come back to rent out this place again with my family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We are glad that our hotel was able to meet your needs and we look forward to seeing you again.

Thank You!!!
Maineville, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have been here for almost three weeks, with about four more weeks to go if I can make it. Everything is good as most of the Residence Inns I stay at with the exception of the wifi. It honestly is the worse internet I have been connected to in the last 5 years. I travel for my job, and rely on the wifi for my job, and entertainment while I travel. My VPN connection actually lags when I am on the company server, much less trying to stream HBO Go. I asked the front desk if there was anything that could be done? She said no, but they have been trying to get Marriott to update there system for a long time and they won't. I honestly might have to find another place before I go crazy. I constantly am connecting to my mifi card because it is a better connection, but I have burned through about two thirds of my plan already, with a couple weeks before it recycles. So, I would recommend this place unless you need the internet, because it will drive you crazy, with the in and out connections.

Room Tip: First floor for ease of access, can hear foot traffic though.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
velezgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for sharing this issue with us. I can completely understand how frustrating it can be without having the tools needed to both enjoy your stay and accomplish your daily tasks.

Please contact me directly and I will do everything I can to remedy this issue.

Thank You.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area

Been to Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta? Share your experiences!