“Great Place to stop!”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Frederick, Maryland
“Great Place to stop!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were traveling from Ohio to the Adirondacks and spent the night here. Rooms are clean and quite. I had read that youth hockey teams stay here..and they do. The staff mentioned it and gave us a room away from the kids. It's small buffet breakfast was good.

The staff was excellent! We were waiting to get directions from the desk when the off-duty desk clerk who was leaving stopped and asked if she could help us, she proceeded to step behind the desk and print out directions for us......great customer service.

We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any hockey teams staying, if yes then ask to be located away from them
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kings Park, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

First let me say that this hotel is decent enough. Clean rooms, good location to highway and okay for a quick stay. BUT beware- this hotel has an on going booking of young hockey players that travel with their parents for local games. I have stayed here in the past visiting my son who is a student at RIT. a few times before when I visited in the Fall I have been subjected to, along with all the other hotel guests- the insanity of hours of these young boys running crazy in the halls for hours at night. Last night I stayed there again ( last time for sure) and there was a hockey team with boys around 10- 12 years old from Ontario. From 8 PM until about midnight they ran up and down halls, banging doors running in the stairwells, throwing a football against the doors- you get the picture. The hotel can only do so much when you have these poor excuse for parents allowing their kids to run wild in a hotel . The parents were no where to be found. I was given my room for free after that night mare but I would rather have paid for it and had a nice evening at this hotel. SO if you book this hotel ask if there are hockey teams staying there at the same time !! If there are, especially that disgraceful group from Ontario Canada- you are warned !!! If you do wind up being subjected to that nonsense, get your room for free. You sure will deserve it.

Room Tip: There are NO GOOD LOCATIONS in this hotel if a hockey team is staying there too !
Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was visiting RIT with family and stayed at this hotel for two nights. The rooms are clean and the hotel is very quiet (which was great). It is located close to the highway and there's a lot of restaurants, etc. a short drive away. RIT was about 10 minutes away which was very convenient for us. I'd stay here again when we visit the area. We didn't eat breakfast in since there were several teams there with kids and the eating area was pretty mobbed. This was not a big deal for us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting family in the area. The staff are attentive and friendly. Great location close to the highway, local restaurants, convenience stores, coffee shops, and malls. Breakfast is a typical Marriott breakfast which is included. It's a small buffet breakfast good for a quick bite - bagels, toast, cereal, fruit, danish, yogurt, juice, coffee, etc. There are plenty of eateries nearby that serve full breakfast if need be. I haven't had the opportunity to use the gym or pool yet. Rooms are clean, excellent housekeeping staff, and comfy beds. I did have an incident during my last stay. I went downstairs to the dining area to get some breakfast. When I returned to my room I found that my key did not work. I realized that the small bar that locks across the door (from the inside) had swung closed and prevented me from getting into my room. I went back downstairs and reported this to the front desk. They immediately addressed the issue and I was back in my room in a matter of minutes. I was relieved that I didn't have to waste time waiting for assistance. It can be pricey as a previous reviewer noted. However, prices are like other hotels and vary with dates and season. I suggest when booking ask about discounts for AAA members, seniors, military, students, etc. When I book online, I will try "best rate" or use my AAA membership to see which price is better. It's worth seeing what the price variation may be. I have had only good experiences at this hotel and feel safe and comfortable here as a solo traveler.

Room Tip: I got a room at the far end of the corridor which was close to the stairs exiting the side door. It...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were upgraded to a 'penthouse' suite in August for a two night stay. It was described to us as the fabulous suite, but in all honesty we would have been fine with the regular room that we had booked. The 'suite' was in decent shape, but really provided no extra benefits for a couple having a stay there. The staff are lovely, very friendly and would definitely make a regular guest feel very much at home. I would recommend the hotel and would stay there again. Marriott continues to be one of my favourite chains.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Had a one night stay in Rochester. The rooms were fine, however in the morning I like to have a soda, but the only place to get pop was in the market downstairs, which I wasn't happy about. The breakfast options were not great. But the stay overall was fine and I certainly would return.

• Stayed August 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

There are two things that set this hotel apart from the others - fantastic staff and better than average breakfast. David, who was at the front desk when we arrived, answered all the requests with "You got it!", offered good suggestions about places to visit in the area, where to eat, and offered us milk and cookies when we really needed them. Other staff at the hotel was very pleasant, smiling and professional. Our room was clean upon arrival. The children used the pool and found it clean. There was some noise we could hear from the other room, but it was very quiet at night and we slept well. The beds are comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again when in the area. The only drawback for me was that the hotel is on the pricey side, however it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family