“Really! Let this great hotel EXPUNGE reviews prior to their GORGEOUS renovation!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta

and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

We visit Rochester/Henrietta A LOT. We stayed at this Extended Stay once before , BEFORE the Recent Renovation and we'd have given it a 4 . Now that the family is older, and have busy, busy lives of their own, Henrietta/Roc NY is central for all of us. We like long stays seeing as many of the "kids" as often as possible! We stayed again, most recently over the long Thanksgiving weekend and LOVED the renovations! And, while the renovations ROCK, it's the staff at this hotel that really makes the incredibly affordable stay so wonderful. It seemed as though every time I wished something aloud, there was Clarence, Zach, Maria, or Natalie( their GM) at "my service"! If I have come to despise anything as we get older and travel even more it is the oft met sentence" That's not my job". At ESAMERICA, Henrietta, EVERYTHING appears to be EVERYONE's job! So refreshing! The Suites are huge, the beds fluffy and plush, the leather recliners PERFECT , the kitchens truly "READY TO GO!" We easily save 200.00 on refreshments and meals with those darling kitchens! We are still close to a MILLION restaurants, but on longer stays we just TIRE of reservations , waiting for tables and the expense. There is almost nothing we cannot cook in the suite! I murmured hoping there were lots of pillows and ~ boom! they were IN OUR suite before WE WERE! 3 extras on top of the 6 new, perfect pillows on the King bed! I JUST booked our CHRISTMAS week stay with Natalie whom went to the mat to make sure ALL our needs were met, internet rates applied, and helpful suggestions. I suppose if I had any advice for anyone with complaints, GO DIRECTLY to the front desk with ANY issues! They will be corrected! Don't grit your teeth and come home to "get back at them" via places like trip advisors. REAL people run this Extended Stay America, and those REAL people CARE if you are unhappy. Really, JUST SAY THE WORD! Natalie, and staff, I hope you see this and we'll see you soon!

Room Tip: If , for any reason, you are unhappy with your room, SAY SOMETHING! If there are rooms available, my...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank CaryzWay
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 22 December 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hamden, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

I visit Rochester for a week every month or so and always stay here as I am required by my business. I knew they were going through renovations and I understand they were doing separate floors at different times. When I drove up to the hotel I immediately noticed a difference. The lobby has bright nice colors and the outside was painted. The rooms are nicely furnished and the bathrooms are much better. This is a great place to stay if you just need an place to sleep.
They do have extra soap and toiletries downstairs if you need them. They also have a nice quick grab and go for breakfast if needed. Remember, this is not a 4 seasons but it has been greatly improved from what it was. The staff is always great to me. Natalie and Zach at the front desk are always very helpful.
The Wifi is free and you can pay for a faster connection if needed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank luvmybasset
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

During my recent stay here for a business trip i must say property is located in a very convenient location close to Marketplace Mall, Wegmans, Tops and the University. Plenty of food choice within walking distance in addition to rooms that feature a nice kitchen and plenty of space. Staff seemed very nice while building is in need of some updates to decor and bedding its a good place stay if you need long term hotel for a week or two. Safe area and clean rooms

• 4 of 5 bubbles
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 22 October 2012

Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

This hotel did not have the room I was promised. So I was downgraded. I stayed here based on the fact that I could make my own meals. WRONG! My Stove eyes didn't even have knobs on them.(Part of the upgrade,I was told from the night associate.) Are you kidding me? Who forgets to put dials on the stove? I have no idea what temperature I am cooking my food at.(Yes) I walked to the lobby tonight and found a guest with a brown recluse spider in a bag.(He found it in his pillow for goodness sake!) If you are poor and can't afford anything else stay here at your own risk. If you are bargain hunting keep looking. I have been in hotels for the last 8 months and this is the worst bargain for your money. This hotel stinks!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 15 October 2012

san francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Location to downtown and airport is shorter than from Irondequoit. About 20 minutes. The room could be nice if housekeeping put pillows on the bed instead of leaving the bed unmade when we checked in. There were no soaps or amenities in the bathroom and no towels (we asked and they brought the towels up eventually the soap didn't show up ever). The phone jack was broken so everytime you made a call to the receptionist it would pop out. Receptionist was gone most of the time hanging outside the main door with friends. Wifi was weak. Random people knocked on our door and some people down the hall were fighting. I didn't feel safe there. But, if you can over look all of that, the room was ok, flourescent lights everywhere. I don't think I would stay there for an extended stay.

Room Tip: There must be other choices. If you must stay, pick a room closer to the elevator so you can leave...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 10 September 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

As well, I have spoken with my staff to review professionalism and accountability. I apologize that the Front Desk staff was not at their post during operating hours, and am working to ensure this is not experienced again by any other guest. Thank you for bringing the issue to my attention.

Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

this hotel is fine although under reconstruction. the upgrades are good. my complaint is that i work nights at a local hotel as a traveler and have stayed locally at the radisson, hyatt, super 8, microtel, red roof, homewood suites, extended stay greece, and a couple others this summer. i work nights and sleep during the day. today maintenance let themselves in at 11:45 am to do some work for some reason while i was trying to sleep. they gave me a little bit of a hard time saying they needed to do it right then. i told them i was sleeping because i worked the night before an they finally left. only to return later in the afternoon at 3:30 with the person from the front desk. they came in for a few minutes to look at the corners of the dresser and take a few pictures. this was clearly not urgent and highly disruptive to my day before going to work. i realize sleeping during the day is not the norm but its none of their business what i do and disrupting my sleep was not appreciated in any way, especially for something so silly. i will not stay here again as not respecting my routine is something they do here not just once but a couple times until they got what they "needed."

1 Thank peter o
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. In order to ensure that every guest receives this experience, we must continuously upgrade the property and our amenties offered within each room.

It saddens me to hear that during our efforts to make these improvements, our maintenance team disrupted your sleeping patterns. While most people sleep at night and are awake during the day, we do understand that not everyone follows these patterns. Please accept my apologies for the maintenance staff. I have spoken to them about the issues you noted and am working on a plan of action to ensure it does not happen again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta
BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn
Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta? Share your experiences!