“Stay away from this place”

Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Bengaluru, India
“Stay away from this place”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed here while travelling to Niagara Falls. We were driving from New York and just needed a place to rest for the night and leave early in the morning. We were very tired by the time we reached there and hoped to recharge our energy for the Falls the next day. It had advertised as having free wi fi and breakfast. Here are some of the problems we faced:

1. Found Bed bug in bed. Did not get good sleep and I was tossing around full night.
2. Room small and cramped. Especially the bathroom. There was no space to sit on the toilet, it was right next to the tub.
3. Practically only coffee and fruits for breakfast. We did not even bother in the morning and stopped by a nearby IHOP.
4. Free Wi-Fi is slow. To get high speed, you need to pay extra.
5. Walls are wafer thin. There is no noise insulation. i could here everytime my neighbour opened/closed doors or television.

When we left in the morning, due to lack of sleep, I was more tired than previous evening. Spoiled my trip. I will not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Neelay T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to read of the pest issue and noise disturbances you experienced during your stay. I will be meeting with my maintenance and housekeeping staff to review cleanliness standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I do apologize that our Wi-Fi and room size did not meet your expectations. Your feedback on these issues will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at hen2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Luckily I was gone from the room except to sleep. Staff is overworked, and I assume underpaid. They do not want to be there and see the customer as a distraction to their job, which is incredulous. They are unkempt and unprofessional. The first thing I heard was a complaint about the hotel from the management. If I hadn't prepaid through Priceline I would have not checked in. The "grab and go" breakfast is not a breakfast by any stretch of the imagination. Room was dirty and stunk of cumin and turmeric (curry most likely) and was so heavy that it was nauseating.Customer experience was dismal. I f possible, I would rate 1/2 star, just above rent by the hour.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to read that you received such poor service from my staff. In response to your feedback, I have met with my entire team to review customer service standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I regret to read that your room was not clean. I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards and procedures so that this does not happen again. I would also like to apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at hen2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
CT
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stay away. Hotel decor is beat. Staff is overworked. Check in is 3 pm. Showed up at 10pm, room wasn't clean yet. Went to grab a bite to eat, room still not ready at 11:30pm. This place is a dump. Run the other way. Do not stay here.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that your room was not ready for you. I am hiring more staff to ensure that all rooms are cleaned prior to check-in time so that does not happen again in the future. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at hen2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is a comfortable place to stay. The grab and go breakfast is convenient when you are in a hurry. It was also very convenient to be able to cook during our stay and have the pans and dishes supplied. It was nice to have a full size refrigerator and Tops supermarket is very close. The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Patricia - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience, so we are happy to see that we did just that during your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and our grab-and-go breakfast.

Thank you again for your feedback and thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Henrietta
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a reservation for 1 night but the incompetent staff overbooked the hotel and tried telling us we missed our first night of a two night stay so they cancelled our room. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the cancellation of your reservation is unacceptable. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, our team will be better trained in understanding the cancellation process for bookings. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at hen2@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We arrived late night and since there was no non-smoking room left (that we had actually been confirmed), we were given a smoking room. I am not very picky in such things, but this room smelt so terrible, it made me really feel sick. So I asked for another room. The lady at the front-desk was completely not motivated to help - but fortunately the guy that was in charge before her working shift had started, made overtime and checked the remaining rooms for the room with the least bad smell. The room we then received was still a smoking room, but did hardly smell bad. If this man hadn't been there, we had been stuck at midnight in a horribly stinky room: Good service seems to be a game of luck in this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are given a smoking-room instead of a non-smoking-room: Check the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RialtoBE
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are very sorry to read that we were unable to accommodate your room request and that we did not provide you with quality service. We are very sorry for your experience. We are glad that one of our team members was able to assist you in finding a satisfactory room though. In response to your feedback, we are going to speak with our staff members to ensure that they understand the importance of each and every guest. We will also work with our housekeeping staff to improve our odor control procedure.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will contact us directly, at hen2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Room was very clean, nice bed,and great service. I will stay again on return visit!! If your looking for nice hotel where you can cook and it in this would be the place! They had everything clean and friendly service!

Room Tip: I stay in room 104 great room! Next to exit and quiet!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are absolutely thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our goal is always to provide a clean and friendly hotel and I am pleased to hear that we met or exceeded your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn
Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta? Share your experiences!