“Great value for a 2.5 star hotel”

Comfort Suites Rochester
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great value for a 2.5 star hotel”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Liked: Window opened; blackout shades that closed all the way; pool; buffet (no Sunday brunch at the restaurant, but reasonable enough for a breakfast); pool; fridge and microwave.
For me the bed was too firm, but that is a matter of choice. Bed linens and pillows were good.
Well situated near the highway, but without the noise. Close to all kinds of shopping.
I went with a king bed suite. Sofabed and a table for 2 separated by a half wall from the bed area that also had a desk.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queen beds are larger than rooms with a king.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor Review. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

585-334-6620

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
NYC
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was traveling in Buffalo & Rochester for work and my colleague booked this hotel. I wasn't sure of the price until I got the bill, $89 per night, which I found very reasonable. It had been a long day including driving from Buffalo so it was a good stopping point. Check in was quick and easy (Tim helped us).

The bed was very comfortable and the room was large enough for a family (dining area, sitting area and bed, although it was just me in the room. I didn't try it but I think the sofa was a pull out bed. There were ample toiletries supplied although I didn't use them since I brought my own. I was on the top floor (3 levels) and right by the elevator which concerned me at first although I didn't hear it at all during the night. There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room as well as coffee service...none of which I used.

The hotel is dated and would not have been my choice but it was fine for our needs. Breakfast was included and it was varied. I had a fresh made waffle (make your own), orange juice as well as yogurt and my colleague had eggs, sausage and juice. They had pastries available and cereal as well as other drink options (coffee, tea).

All in all it was a good value and I'd use them again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites Rochester/Henrietta.

I am glad that we were able to accommodate you during your business trip. We sincerely appreciate for your time and valuable feedback and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Rochester.

Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 18 February 2014

When we arrived, we were promptly greeted by a very cheerful concierge. She conveyed all the necessary information on what time breakfast was, available services, and other tidbits of information. The room was very clean and spacious. The hot breakfast was very good especially the waffles! We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerny007, Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Toront
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Was here with a hockey team for tournament. As with all hotels participating as hosts to tournaments, they fail to accommodate accordingly. no hanging in the halls you might wake the other guests, no meeting rooms, so you cannot gather there. 15 parents can gather in a room, but don't leave the door open. Don't move furniture. Limited number of swimmers at one time. You sign a waiver stating you are aware of the many rules and they can add fines to your room charges if there're are violations. The pool was 4 feet deep and 15 feet long - we always make the best of it and better to have a pool than not.
Positives: rooms were LARGE - this made gathering together easier. Breakfast was included and fair - could have ensured there was enough pancake/waffle batter for the event (3 hockey teams of teenage and older boys). The staff were accommodating and allowed us to have a pizza night in the lobby area, and although the evening patrols in the halls were consistent, the way they handled the social gatherings was polite. As long as you were not screaming, they looked the other way. I would consider them again, but really suggest to all hotels hosting events like this - segregate the teams from guests who are not part of the tournament. Allow them to gather in a common area - if all of team rooms are in the same hall - let them gather there. Provide a room empty of furniture that kids can gathering in. Provide a room at a reduced rate to all of the attending teams where they can meet and greet.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

As a hotel that accommodates several groups and clients, our focus is that every guest who stays with us has the best experience possible. Even though we realize that our rules may be restricting to some groups, our number one goal is to make sure that every one of our guests are able to enjoy their stay. I am glad that your group was still able to enjoy their visit to Rochester, NY for your tournament.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Rochester.

Hamilton, ON
Reviewed 18 November 2013

By any standard, this hotel would earn high marks when compared to other properties of this type. The rooms were very clean, the suites were spacious, and the staff (front desk as well as housekeeping) was excellent.

However, because I was able to book this property on a third-party website for half the rack rate, I feel I got an exceptional value. I doubt there are many other hotels in the area that could compete with what I received for the amount paid.

Now having said that, if you were to pay full price for a room, there might be better choices in the area. However, for my stay, at the price paid, it's hard to find fault.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerny007, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rochester, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor Review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Checked in at about midnight with my teen aged son for a one night stay. We made the booking through a thrid party discounter, so our rate was exceptionally good.The clerk who welcomed us was genuinely interested in our comfort. The room with two beeds was clean and very comfortable. We appreciated the step above continental breakfast; they gave you the opportunity to make your own waffles and had hot sausages in a hot chaffing dish. The pool was open until mignight for adults.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms facing out towards the perimeter of the building. The building is a square or rec...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Suites Rochester. I am glad that we were able to meet all your needs during your trip and hope to see you again soon.

Bass Harbor, Maine
Reviewed 5 November 2013

A pleasant hotel with a very helpful staff, however, stay away on Thursday thru Saturday nights in October and November. During these months there are youth hockey tournaments every weekend and this hotel is one of the many in the area used by the youth groups. Kids running up and down the hall, adults carrying out conversations in the halls late at night. The staff tried to keep control but when chaperons respond with " We paid for the rooms and we will do as we please" what else can staff do? The hockey gangs cannot all be put into one section of the hotel due to "room selection". Forget breakfast until the youth have left. Pigs at a trough is the only way to describe the breakfast area. Some were standing in line for the waffle maker while others just stood around talking and blocking access to the buffet. As for the chaperons they were just as bad as the kids at breakfast also. You wonder if the players well ever be taught manners since the chaperons were obviously fathers of some of the players. The breakfast area attendant tried to keep the area neat and clean but she was fighting a loosing battle. Hotel ownership/management has made a decision that the profit from hosting these groups is much more important than the comfort of their other guest. By the way the Homewood Suites next door is owned by the same group and has the same problems. We checked thinking the problem might have only been at this hotel.

Other than during this time period the hotel is a very nice hotel and has a very pleasant staff who want to help within the limits placed on them by ownership/management.

My recommendation, during October/November skip Rochester if you can.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites.

We do host groups of all shapes and sizes, and unfortunately some are more unruly then others. Due to the valuable feed back we have received from our guests such as this we have already taken measures to correct this in the future.