“That's different....”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The waitress asked me the strangest question ever.."fresh fish or for a dollar less frozen"
I took the fresh. It was very good. The resturant is modern and new. The view is great and the food is just right....We have driven by this place many times, From now on we will stop....

Liam & Colleen
New York

1  Thank fglawihio

Reviewed 8 July 2014

this was attached to the erie canal cruises. there is a gift shop and restrooms in the same building as the restaurant. It was nice inside, a little dark for my taste. there was seating by the window if you desired so you could look out at the water. We ordered a "covered meatball sandwich", soup, and a chicken sandwich. I think the total was $34 with lemonade and soda. My meatball sandwich looked like they took a sub roll and cut it up put a squashed meatball on it added another piece of the roll and poured sauce and a little cheese over it. Service was fine and was satisified with it.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Waterfront Grille is in the same facility as the Gems Along the Mohawk shop and Lil Diamond Cruises. After taking a cruise on the Erie Canal my family and I stopped in for a late lunch here and were very pleased with our meal. Everything was reasonably priced ($77 dollars for two appetizers, three entrees and three desserts) the food was really good and we had a window seat right on the water. I liked our waitress and the hostess came to check on us as well and she too was quite nice. We would eat here again without the slightest bit of hesitation. One thing to keep in mind for your convenience - they are closed from 3:30 until 5 so as to have a clear break between their lunch and dinner menus. This means that if you are taking the later afternoon Lil Diamond Cruise and wanted to eat at the Waterfront Grille after your trip is complete just know that it won't be open right away when you return to the dock.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The waterfront grille just hosted my 50 person rehearsal dinner in June 2014. This restaurant was not only accommodating to a bunch of loud, and large personality folk from New Jersey, but the staff was so attentive from start to finish. The owner Barbie is a doll and very responsive through email. The food is FANTASTIC. The menu for our dinner consisted of salad and garlic bread served table side and a buffet filled with the classics, eggplant rollatini, sausage and peppers, chicken Milanese, penne vodka, and a beer and wine open bar. The price is extremely reasonable and best of all, if you are hosting a large party, there is an old ferry house that can accommodate you and your guests while you have your dinner gazing into the beautiful Erie Canal. What a phenomenal night!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very nice gift shop and great atmosphere with seating right on the Mohawk River, but the food was overpriced, undersized and unimpressive. (e.g. $9.95 for 4 flat chicken tenders in a plastic basket - no fries, no slaw, nothing)

Waitress didn't know anything about the menu or wines available, "We have red, white and white Zinfandel." Really? Wearing a t-shirt with her chest tattoos showing. Didn't match the classy appearance of the place. (Other waitresses were in black slacks and white buttoned shirts.)

Probably okay for lunch, but I wouldn't go again for dinner.