Inn Towne Motel(Herkimer)
US$176
US$158
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewswest canadafire pitpull thrucamping experienceporch swingcomforts of homeerie canalfavorite campgroundrv siteswi fibaseball hall of famecabinstoveacehookupsraftingadirondacks
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don't get me wrong. The campground is very nice. Our only issue, is that we had a Deluxe Full Hookup site. The first day we were told not to empty our tanks because they were having problems with the sewer lines. The next day they said the problem had NOT been resolved and we could still not empty our tanks. They told us they would pump us out when we needed it. They refused to refund any of our money for the inconvenience. They're exact words were, "Absolutely Not". I'm sorry. If you are running a business and can not fulfill your end of the reservation, you need to give a partial refund. It is not convenient to have a sewer tank parked next to your camper and empty your tanks. If I wanted to do that, I would have reserved a cheaper site.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Herkimer Diamond Mines KOA Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay at our resort. Unfortunately, we had an infrastructure issue with our sewer line that has since been repaired and replaced. The daily site charge for a deluxe full hook up site includes water, electric, septic, and a deluxe patio set. Due to the temporary septic line issue, we found it fair to pump out each site as many times as necessary throughout your stay so that you could still experience each amenity included in your daily site fee. We hope that you will come back and give us another chance, as this problem has since been resolved.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in DK5. The DK cabins are practically in a construction zone. When on vacation you don’t expect to be woken up in the morning at about 6 am as they rebuild their buildings that burned down last year. These cabins should not be rented out until the construction is completed.

There are multiple ways they show that they only care about making a buck and not about the quality of the customer’s stay.

Living almost in a construction zone is a big one.

At 8 am two of the workers walked right up to one of the bedroom windows and had a, not very quiet, conversation. I guess being woken up by the construction noises at a little after 6 am was a good thing, or I would have been very mad at workers talking right outside the bedroom window.

I had stayed in the cabin next to DK5 in the past. You could park right next to the cabins the last time I was there. This time you have to park in the large parking area and carry everything to the cabin. Unfortunately DK5 is the furthest cabin from the parking area. It would have been very easy for them to provide some kind of cart or wagon to transport everything. I am not disabled, but I did have an operation on my elbow last year and it is now really hurting me. But I get the impression that the owners don’t care or they would not set up such a bad situation.

The cabin itself is not very well maintained.
- There is a nice cement pad that acts as a patio off the porch. It was covered with dirt and grass clippings from them mowing the lawn. I had to sweep the patio off or the dirt and grass would have been carried into the cabin each time we walked in. How hard would it be to follow the mower with a blower and clean off each patio and deck.
- There is a small wall mounted heater in the bathroom. There is no control knob. We had no control of the heater and it was on most of the night.
- There is a light over the sink/stove area. But it didn't work. The only other light was in the middle of the room on the ceiling. When cooking or doing the dishes you were always in your own light. I ended up wearing a headlamp to work at the sink.

Considering how expensive it is to stay at the Herkimer KOA I expect better care of the cabins and grounds. I also think a relaxing vacation is not too much to ask.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank john717808
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I can’t express enough what a great job they do at this campground. The staff is awesome, kind and helpful. Aurora and Sarah answered a million of our dumb questions with no hesitation and gave us information of all the fun activities to do during the day. James cooks awesome breakfasts at the pavilion. You can also get one of his wood fired pizzas or toasted s’mores up at the miners table. He works long hours and always has a smile and a joke ready. A total sweetheart. We rented the tree house which was too cool. There are activities all day rain or shine. The owner Dr. Renee Scialdo/Shevat is one of the most amazing women I know. She greets us every year and makes us really feel special. Love this campground so much.

Stayed: June 2018
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Herkimer Diamond Mines KOA Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for staying with us, Michelle! We are delighted to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations and that you were impressed (as we are every day) with James and his cooking abilities. Those wood-fired pizzas at Miners Table are truly one of the best things we have ever tasted. We are so glad you loved the tree house and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

This was our first family vacation with our son and it was perfect. The campground was clean, well maintained and accommodating. The diamond mine was fun, the cabin was clean, well stocked, and incredibly homey.

I would happily stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us at Herkimer Diamond KOA Resort. We are honored that we were able to provide one of your first family vacation memories with your son and that everything exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

The camp grounds were beautiful and not busy. It is located on the Mohawk River with lots of cabins along the water. The washrooms were clean and well laid out. The only negative was that the outlets in the washrooms didn't work. In spite of the rain we were able to enjoy a BBQ with the family. Our grandchildren loved the playground.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Herkimer Diamond Mines KOA Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you for camping with us this spring! We are so glad that your grandchildren enjoyed the playground and that you were able to have a BBQ with your family during your stay. We would have been happy to send someone to inspect the outlets in the washroom, had you'd brought this to our attention at the time. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will make a return visit again in the future!