“Wonderful anniversary trip!”

Portobello Inn Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Herkimer
Portobello Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Herkimer B&B and Inns
“Wonderful anniversary trip!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend of our 22nd wedding anniversary. We were greeted by Roland at the car when we arrived. We arrived very late in the evening and he was very accommodating by meeting us so late. You never once got the impression that this man was dealing with a ton of emotion in his personal life on this weekend. He was dealing with loss and celebration and it never once seeped into his professional demeanor. He asked us what time we'd like to have breakfast served in the morning. We were served a beautiful and delicious breakfast the next morning. The atmosphere was very soothing. The room was clean and cozy and very nicely decorated. There were trains that traveled through nearby and they were actually soothing. There was coffee accessible right outside of our room at all times. We went to search for Herkimer diamonds. Roland offered us some tips on this and actually showed us a few to motivate us. This was wonderful personal service. We met Steve also and he was just as welcoming. The next morning breakfast was just as delicious and beautifully arranged. This is well worth every penny we spent on our stay. We will definitely stay here again. Loved it! Thanks so much Roland and Steve! We appreciate your wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Debbie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Blackwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Roland and Steve are absolutely wonderful, friendly people. Roland is such a wonderful innkeeper. Roland greets you at the car. Roland and Steve make you feel like you are extended family.
I stayed in the Arlington Room on two separate occasions. I love the room. It is decorated nicely and it is a cozy room. Very clean. The whole home just has a welcoming feeling. It is very tastefully decorated.
There is coffee/tea in the hallway at all times.
Breakfast is delicious! Roland and Steve are happy to answer any questions.
I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts but this one is my favorite and I believe it is because Roland and Steve are just wonderful people and you they love what they do and you it is reflected in the home and in them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina222
Hot Sulphur Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Happened on this B&B on line and what a find! Roland the inkeeper is a treasure. The decor is beautiful and the rooms filled with all sorts of interesting things. The food was lovingly prepared and absolutly delicious. I felt so very pampered. Roland went far and beyond to make our 3 night stay a pleasure - he had lots of info to share and what he didn't have at his fingertips, he went and found. Only problem is I may be spoiled for life by Rolands gracious innkeeping! I hope to be able to return someday.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dkhco123
Geneva, New York
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Passing through on a recent trip through Central New York I had the pleasure of spending the night at Portobello. They say you should never judge a book by its cover and this is certainly the case here. The outside is a bit worn but I was committed and traveling alone so I thought, what could be the worst case? Boy am I glad I decided to stay. The warm welcome I received by the proprietor wiped away any concern and I was pleasantly surprised with the updating that had occurred on the inside. With an eclectic array of gifts and purchases from around the world displayed one could spend a few hours just exploring the main areas of Portobello. My room was clean, air conditioning already turned on to cool it down, and had a small bathroom and shower that was great for one and fine for two. Hi speed Internet access and HD TV gave the room all the necessaries while being able to look out my window at the "original" Pre-Revolutionary Home made me feel a bit like a time traveler! My breakfast was fantastic, lemon muffins and fresh coffee, bacon and eggs, (I was asked the night before what I wanted to eat), kept my full until late that night. My stay included a complimentary round of golf at the Mohawk Country Club right next door where the welcomed me with open arms and confirmed that the owners of the Portobello B&B were indeed, a great group! If you're not afraid of some peeling paint on the exterior, you will be happy you stayed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Phil W
Henniker, New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We enjoyed four wonderful days in the Herkimer area while staying at the inn. Roland greeted us at our car, offered to help with luggage and addressed us by our first names. He had already prepared the room and cooled it for our comfort. Roland and Steve are terrific hosts. The rooms are always immaculate, the food is fabulous and the conversation engaging. These hosts go out of their way to accomodate any dietary needs and they remember the specifics from year to year. We will continue to stay at the Portobello on all future visits to that area. Thank you Roland and Steve, you guys are just great hosts.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ronald L
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Our family group stayed at the Portobello Inn for a family reunion. The innkeeper, Roland, accommodated us at short notice after another local B and B let us down. We were very happy we ended up at the Portobello. Roland was a kind and generous host, and an excellent chef - our breakfasts were wonderful. Our rooms were comfortable and clean, with everything we needed. Three generations of our family, including a two-year-old, had a very pleasant stay. We would certainly stay here again on a return trip to this beautiful area.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Caroline P
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 21 November 2012

The Inn is a gem well kept by Roland Randall the Innkeeper. The antiques and furnishings throughout the house will delight you on your visit. Our room was spacious and bathroom was clean. The WiFi worked well. The breakfasts were delicious and we were pleased with our stay.
Roland went out of his way to make our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Choose your room from the website