“Great Local Spot”

Tony's Deli and Pizza
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Herkimer
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My (local) cousins pointed me to this spot, and I'm happy they did. Great value on Pizza/Wing combos. Pepperoni pizza was a bit greasy but the sausage pizza was delicious. Wings were good too, as the hot wing sauce is baked into the wings, not poured all over creating a total mess. Place has a nice little arcade too to entertain kids. One complaint was that the floors in the place were terribly slippery to walk on. The entire area was hit with crazy amounts of rain, followed by summer's heat which resulted in very high humidity throughout so I guess that's where it came from - but could've been a disaster.

1  Thank Brian C
There are newer reviews for Tony's Deli and Pizza

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Easily the best pizza in Central NY-maybe in the state...and that's saying a lot in NY! Thick crust and a generous portion of premium toppings. The wings are a step below the pizza, but still pretty good. Service is excellent..they will take your orders up to the minute they close. Closing at 10 o'clock doesn't mean the staff is walking out the door. My family has lived in the area for decades. Anytime we buy pizza and wings from somewhere else, someone remarks "it's not Tony's, is it?" And the next time it is Tony's.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I happened to be passing through Herkimer and needed a quick bite to eat for lunch. I stumbled on Tony's, which is not too far from the Thruway entrance/exit. I had two slices of artichoke and red pepper pizza that were very good. Not the best I have ever had, but good enough that Tony's goes on my "roadfood" map. I liked the thick crust, but some may not. The price was very reasonable and the service was fast and cheerful.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Perfect, great food at fair price. Very clean. Try the chicken wing pizza and the wings. Right off the thurway.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Tony's is my favorite pizza place in Herkimer. I like the thick crust and especially the generously sized veggies on the vegitarian pizzas.