“It was a perfect way to relax and enjoy our trip”
Review of Inn Towne Motel

Inn Towne Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
“It was a perfect way to relax and enjoy our trip”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The rooms were neat and clean. The coffee was excellent. Didn't even have to go to dd. the staff was friendly and the best night of sleep I have had in a long time. Beds comfortable!! Rooms have fridge and microwave. It's not a resort but it's not supposed to be. I would stay again and I will *****

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank GaryPatt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Buffalo
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Center of the town. Easy on and off the thruway. Dated furnishings but the bed was comfortable and room was clean. Owners were friendly. The price was right. No problems that I encountered. Good location to find something to eat. If you are a salesman on a budget, this could be your place.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeff R
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Listen, I understand that motels may undergo construction. But there's no excuse for there to be hammering and sawing outside my door right now. An electrical saw is currently in use immediately in front of my room on the balcony, and it is currently 10:48 PM. Hammering has also been ongoing since I checked in at about 9 PM.

Aside from that, the room isn't particularly clean. One of the towels we have been given is covered in a mysterious red splatter, and the tub clearly hasn't been scrubbed in awhile.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Llamadrama023
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I feel bad. I meant to do this in August of 2013 but kept forgetting. I'm from Herkimer originally and usually stay someplace else. At the time I chose The Inn Towne and it was not a mistake. The staff was great. Very friendly and worked hard to please. The motel is conveniently located right in town and only a block from State Street which will take you back to the Thruway.

Room Tip: Don't expect the Ritz but expect a clean friendly place. There is a store across the street that...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kim r
FAIRFIELD
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We love trying retro motels, and this is one of the best. When I made the reservation (had to do it on the phone) and asked for a confirmation number, the owner just gave me her name, Sara Patel! She was very reassuring, and we were not disappointed. She is very proud of her property, and it shows. When you see the sign for the motel on a residential street, you wonder for a minute, but then you drive into the well-kept courtyard and realize you've come to the right place. Our room was in a little sector across from the office, with a king-sized bed, a small sofa, a breakfast table with two chairs, a fridge, a flat-screen TV, and GREAT water pressure in the shower. We slept well, as the bed was comfortable and the area quiet. Visiting with the delightful and welcoming Sara as we checked in and out was an added bonus, and she makes good coffee! Another great find for us on Trip Advisor!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PATRICIA F
Lowville, NY
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I admit to being a bit leery as we arrived at the Inn Towne Motel for it is located a few blocks from Main St. and the buildings in the area are older. The pretty flower pots lining the entrance drove away my fears as it was obvious that someone truly cared about this place.
Our room and its furniture was clean, with an extremely comfortable bed. We weren't looking for an expensive shiny-new motel but instead a clean & safe place to return to after some busy days...and that's exactly what we found with the Inn Towne.
We stayed there in July to attend a local festival, and we returned in August just for the fun of it! We're planning to go back later this month.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoAnnA1337HL
Herkimer, New York
Reviewed 21 September 2013

BY FAR ... THE BEST,

I know a tad about motels, I've traveled the NE-SE coast,
I owned the motel at the base of Whitface Mountain.

THE REVIEWS ON THIS PAGE:

If you were to read them, your stay here would reveal
each word to be 100% un-varnished truth.

1) PRICES ...
top-of-the-top real-world value:

(much) better than the top 4 motels listed
@ Priceline & Travelocity.

2) LOVELY ...
a quiet and courtyard-like quaintness,
charming, a warm-feel-right-at-home atmosphere.

3) Owners ...
tremendously accomodating, wonderful people.

4) Superior Location ...
a stone's throw to shopping, and the
main route in and out of town.

Mike F

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Travelodge Little Falls
Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn
The Lake House
The Lake House
#4 of 4 in Richfield Springs

Been to Inn Towne Motel? Share your experiences!