“Great Place to Stay”
Review of Inn Towne Motel

Inn Towne Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Inn Towne and as always the accomodations were good, the motel was centrally located for my needs and the couple who run it are wonderful. I have never been anywhere, where people have treated me so well and have gone out of their way to make me comfortable. I will continue to stay at the Inn Towne when I need to come and visit friends and family!

Room Tip: One would say that the rooms have old furniture. Not necessarily true. The rooms are pretty big and...

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was surprised to get a reservation at such a rundown motel through Booking.com, after all of their advertising—but that's an issue for another day. This place is old, in need of renovation, and not especially clean. We were surprised to be asked at check-in if we could be out of the room for housekeeping before 10 a.m. When we said we hadn't planned to be ready to go by that time, the hotelier said, "I'll just drop off towels at 10." Little did we know that this meant there would be no housekeeping for us! We had the room for another night, so we were stunned to find when we returned that evening that our beds had not been made and the bathroom had not been cleaned, though we did indeed get a stack of fresh towels. I will say that the beds were comfortable and the TV worked, though the advertised wifi didn't. I would not stay here again, and I can't recommend it to others.

1  Thank ParkAddict
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hard working family run (husband and wife only) motel. They do everything! Clean. Somewhat dated but acceptable. OK for the price. I would definitely stay here again. The hotels by the Thruway are newer, but more expensive.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for HOF weekend and got an extremely good deal, paying much less than if we had stayed closer to Cooperstown. Still it was only a 35-45 minute drive to the Hall of Fame. Sarah the owner was extremely friendly and has done a lot to spruce up the place. Keep in mind that if you are staying here and are paying their rates you're not staying at a 4-star hotel. However, Sarah has done a lot to make the motel inviting and there is free wi-fi and continental breakfast. Most of the people at the hotel were here for the same induction and nobody had a bad word to say about the motel. I got an upstairs corner room, and the room was clean and the bathroom toiletries were better than expected. I would definitely stay here again and do yourself a favor and book directly. That way you can speak with Sarah and enjoy her hospitality!

Room Tip: try and get a corner upstairs room, they tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan B
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed one night at the Inn Towne Motel while travelling east from Ontario to Maine. It was easy to find, just a couple of minutes from the highway. The owners live on site and are warm and accommodating. The rooms are clean and comfortable. This is not a fancy place; it's similar to a Red Roof or Super 8.
Inn Towne Hotel had everything we needed and the price was right! Several options for dinner nearby. We chose Appleby's. (Crazy Otto's Empire Diner was suggested, but it seems to be closed on Mondays.) Complimentary breakfast in the hotel lobby was convenient, quick and easy. This will be our new stopping point.

Room Tip: I liked the ground floor room. Was able to park right outside my door!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank packingandunpacking
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The rooms were neat and clean. The coffee was excellent. Didn't even have to go to dd. the staff was friendly and the best night of sleep I have had in a long time. Beds comfortable!! Rooms have fridge and microwave. It's not a resort but it's not supposed to be. I would stay again and I will *****

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank GaryPatt
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Center of the town. Easy on and off the thruway. Dated furnishings but the bed was comfortable and room was clean. Owners were friendly. The price was right. No problems that I encountered. Good location to find something to eat. If you are a salesman on a budget, this could be your place.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeff R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Travelodge Little Falls
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
The Lake House
The Lake House
#4 of 4 in Richfield Springs

Been to Inn Towne Motel? Share your experiences!