“...at least the roof is new...”
Review of Glen Ridge Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Herkimer
Glen Ridge Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Lousy, smelly, smoky rooms. We made a reservation over the phone, but they didn't have rooms for us when we got there. We had to settle for something less. One room didn't have a dead-bolt lock, and the bathroom had a leaking sink and toilet. Bugs in the room (everything from spiders to earwigs, the A/C was loud, the beds were uncomfortable. Don't stay here!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank bnaviles

Reviewed 13 October 2008

Things must have changed with the new ownership. My husband and son stayed here while on a visit to the mines back in June and found their stay to be very good. My husband said the room was comfortable and bathroom clean. Above all, the management went out of their way to make SURE that all was ok ( as I had many questions for the manager when I booked the room, having read the past reviews on this website). My husband said their stay was so good, that they will definately go back in the near future. The management could not have been any nicer.. THANK YOU

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2008

I was unable to force myself to stay a night there, in fact I was
there for 15 minutes.
Everything was depressing to me: the hole in the upholstery, TV set from the 50th, the non-working coffee making device (true antique - combines a shelf and hot plate), non-working window treatment on the small window, the only a source of light in the room, the size of the room itself.
I understand that there are newer rooms on the side of the
hotel, but I was told that they were occupied. Well, I trust people.
Bathroom was clean, room had a little stale smell.
Herkimer Motel would be a better choice, but it will cost twice more. If you are used to less than a minimum comfort and don't suffer claustrophobia, you may be able to enjoy this accommodation.
(I have some photos, if you are interested).

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tavribruk
Reviewed 28 May 2008

We booked this motel based on recent recommendation from Tripadviser.com. The motel is the closest accomendation to the Herkimer and Ace of Diamond Mines. You are about 5 miles from the mines and close to many restaurants and fast food joint. The rooms are older but clean. For $39.95 you more than average rooms. We have one of the two effiency room with nice, clean updated bath/shower, kitchenette with small portable stove, refrigarator, double queen beds, TV and storage. The owners are nice and they let you check-in and put your stuff in the room before heading out to the mines.

The Herkimer and Ace of Diamond Mines are just like the Show on Travel Channel. It is great for family fun!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank schong
Reviewed 29 April 2008

I stayed in the motel over spring break. It was very fun and very well maintained. Under the new ownership, so many things are being attended to. In a bit, it will really become more than just a motel... they're working so hard, the new owners that is. The people were very friendly and made you feel at home. It's especially very nice because of the location, view and convenience. It's on a quiet highway and overlooks the moutains on the far end. It also has a children's playground at the back. The rooms have a great color theme and the kitchenette is very cute. I have worked for a very expensive hotel on my campus before and that motel was no less! You should definitely give it a try! It's near k-mart, hannaford, walmart, dollar tree and you can easily catch a bus to or from Union Station in Utica. I miss that place.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank tsubiemeow
Reviewed 24 April 2008

Glen Ridge is a very clean & cosy motel. Friendly staffs giving very efficient service. Peaceful atmosphere and comfortable beds. I am going to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Sabinna
Reviewed 23 July 2007

This motel is the worst motel I've ever stayed at!! The room was dirty, and it was infested with bugs! The bathroom was so dirty, mildewed, and smelled so terrible that I couldnt even use it! No matter how desperate I am for a room when I travel to Herkimer, I will never stay at this motel ever again!!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank snowprincessny
glenridgemotel, New Owner at Glen Ridge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2008

Dear snowprincessny,
Salutations. We would like to inform you that Glen Ridge Motel is now under new ownership and management. It is our priority to render a high level of service to our guests.
Even though your review of the motel is based on your experiences under the previous management we would like to make an apology for your inconvenience earlier. You are most welcome to visit us again to enjoy our new service. As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you a free stay for one night at Glen Ridge Motel. This offer will be valid from 01 May 2008 to 31 Dec 2008. Please call in advance so that we can book your free stay.
Thank you for you cooperation in that matter.

Glen Ridge Motel