“Right off the Thruway. Best place in town.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer

Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Fairport, New York
“Right off the Thruway. Best place in town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stay here for our annual business trip (every year since 2000). At least 3 nights per trip. Always a good night's rest! Even better since updating rooms. Friendly desk staff. They recommend great restaurants and fun activities. Well done!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Jeffrey S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
VT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I was in Herkimer visiting family and friends & stayed at the Herkimer Motel. From the moment I entered the inviting lobby, I was warmly greeted. When I entered my room, I was pleasantly surprised, was I in Herkimer? If I didn't know better I would have thought I was in a high end Hotel in NYC or San Francisco. The decor was impressive, the bed comfy & everything was clean and fresh. This is the only place you should stay and you won't regret it. The Herkimer Motel is a true
"Gem".

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank LucyB_Vt
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

We spent two nights & I had made a mistake -reserving the wrong nights!- but the front desk clerks were very accomodating and took care of everything, very professional staff. I had read other reviews, some bad, but I think they referred to the smaller motel right on the highway. This place is set back from the road somewhat. Breakfast was good. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mary320
Rochester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Hotel was clean, staff was good, beds comfortable, shower good. I felt like I was in the movie "My Cousin Vinny"! The train that runs by the hotel is a real pain and will wake you up. However, there are not many options in this town. Denny's is right next door (if you are a Denny's fan). If you have to stay in Herkimer, bring your earplugs and you will be fine stayng here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dpl0028
Dansville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stay here each time we are in the area and the motel is very clean and comfortable. The rooms have been updated and they offer a breakfast. The breakfast room is quite small so we usually meet local family members at the Denny's Restaurant. Their service is good and prices fair.

Room Tip: No elevator so you may want to request a first floor room if you are a senior citizen.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane S
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

On what should have been a 11 hour haul back home we got caught in a snowstorm and had to stay the night somewhere just east of Utica, NY. We found the Herkimer Motel on TripAdvisor and also noticed it listed in a coupon book while at a rest stop and decided to give them a call (plus they are dog-friendly, which we needed). It was probably the best decision we could have made for a rate south of $70 for two adults and a dog. Very clean, some modern touches in the furniture and decor, and spacious. Front desk is polite and professional. Free continental breakfast and wi-fi seems pretty standard these days but still nice to see it provided. Small fitness center that we didn't use but that's available as well. I don't plan on stopping here anytime soon but if in the future I find myself needing to, I'll definitely stay at the Herkimer! Ask for a room closer to the front desk to help shield from the road noise. I-90 is probably about 60-70 yards from our room and we could hear the trucks zooming by in the early morning. It's not horrible but could bother the light sleeper...

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the front desk to help shield from the road noise. I-90 is probably about 6...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank walls2009
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

My husband and I have stayed here numerous times now on our trips between Maine and Michigan. We first stopped here simply because it was our halfway point and they allowed pets, but the rooms were clean, recently updated, and the service was great. We now stop every time we travel through and recommend it to anyone traveling out to Maine to visit us. We love the modern feel to the decor (no mauve floral bed spreads!), and the large mini fridge and microwave in the room. There's free breakfast, and they allow dogs for a small fee. It's conveniently close to the highway, but most importantly it's clean. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank altenritterm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Inn Towne Motel
Hampton Inn Utica
#1 of 13 in Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!