Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
Inn Towne Motel(Herkimer)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$70
US$70
US$69
US$86
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Village Motel(Richfield Springs)(Great Value!)
US$73
Travelocity
The Lake House(Richfield Springs)
US$140
Travelocity
US$72
US$63
  • Room Service
All reviewsyogurtcontinental breakfasterie canalherkimer areahard boiled eggsno elevatorplace to stayfridge and microwavelight sleeperup to datethe breakfast areastayed one nightcomfortable bedscoffee makergreat roomnew yorkthruway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My experience at the Herkimer Motel & Suites in Herkimer, NY was spectacular! The people at the front desk were very kind and friendly - especially Lynn - she is fabulous!! They offered recommendations of area attractions to visit with my two young children and were extremely accommodating to my needs. I booked the two room queen suite. The room met and exceeded my expectations. I was greeted by Rochelle - who went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable with my room and had everything I needed in my room as well. She was super sweet to my two little boys! Our room was very clean, had plenty of linens and extra towels. We appreciated the fridge and the adjoining second bedroom with a second TV for the children! The room smelled clean too - which is always a plus!! There is a small yard area in-between the two buildings and that was a perfect space for my children to play! This motel is nestled in a small beautiful region near the Finger Lakes and anyone looking for a picturesque small-town get-away would appreciate staying here! I visited the Herkimer Diamond Mines - perfect for children and those who like adventure! I also took a train ride to Cooperstown - which was a gorgeous scene! They have regular rooms in the main building and then the suites are located in the back brick building with a separate parking lot. There were laundry facilities down at the end of the building that proved to be very useful for us! The Motel offers a free continental breakfast every morning which had bagels, cereal, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea, muffins. I highly recommend this motel - you will not regret your choice! Thank you to the staff at the Herkimer Motel for making our stay so wonderful!!!

Room Tip: You can chose a suite in the brick building which is a separate building from the main Motel and located in the back with a separate parking lot. This building has the laundry facilities located at the end of it. I found that this was a better choice if you have young children...that way you have the yard area for them to play in and you are not bothering the other patrons!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Four buddies and myself stay here this past week 10/23/13 to 10/26/13 what a great place to stay very clean well maintain Gary you did a great job. they have something there you don't see very often a three bedroom sweet 3 queen size beds and you can't bet the price. i will being definitely stay here again. To Gary and all the staff thank you for a great stay From Alan

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2013

On my recent trip through New York to Maine, my half-way spot landed near Herkimer. After checking their website, I called their toll-free number. Chris gave me a first floor room with all we needed at a VERY reasonable price. Then I was reminded of their free breakfast! And it was great! They accommodated a special request graciously also. What a considerate staff! I'll use them again, next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: If you need special consideration for a room, don't hesitate to ask. I've never met a more consider group of people there to serve your needs!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank June T
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I chose this motel based on Trip Advisor positive reviews. The motel is right off of I-90, very convenient. The entrance lobby is bright and clean and welcoming for a motel. The front desk worker was very friendly and helpful. Rate was very good - ($74-$85 per night).
I had a room upstairs, and it was very impressive for a motel. Clean white sheets, and black/white modern decorative pillows, good quality carpets without stains, attractive room. None of the cheap motel bedspreads or carpet stains that are common in motels. Instead, the room decor was decent quality and actually stylish.
So for the negatives: A din of highway noise. People noise. To minimize the latter, ask for a room at the very furthest room from the stairs. My room was right near the concrete stairs so you would want to stay far from the stairs. Also, take the ear plugs that they offer for free at the front desk.
In sum: Good value and comfortable motel, acceptable for an off-the-highway overnight, but be prepared for a little noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hallway, as far from the stairs as possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LauraNY
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I were talked into going to Herkimer Diamond mines with a friend so she did the research and this motel was the closest and most reasonable in price. So we booked it.... The place was close to where we were going and again another surprisingly nice stay. It is one of those motels where everyone has an outside door. This is a good feature Except for the fact that they put the buckets for smokers outside each room. So the room was great, clean and recently remodeled with a small microwave, fridge, and kitchen cabinets. They had a nice size pool (which was closed considering the time of year we went) and a nice area except once I walked out of the room and the smell of smoke was overwhelming. All the rooms are non-smoking which is something I always look for but having to come out of the room just to have the smoke in my face did not make me that happy. The bed was on the hard side which I am not crazy about but some people like it.

Room Tip: no preference
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends