“Wellllll......”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Reviewed 6 August 2008

The hotel is being renovated a bit and was really clean. The price was ok. The train is REALLY close and VERY active. All considering I would stay there again with the exception of this one issue. We booked an adjoining room. It was vital that we stay in connecting rooms. I booked directly with the hotel. We confirmed twice and both times were assured we were all set. When we arrived we did not have adjoining rooms. I was told there was nothing that could be done and that I actually hadn't required the connecting room only requested it (this is untrue). The woman was very snippy and told me if I was not satisfied with my room she would refund me and I could look for a room someplace else.....this was not possible or I'd have done it on the spot. At check out I spoke with the woman who made the reservation for me. She tried to deny that I had required a certain room but when I showed proof she said "Oh look they whited out your room assignment and gave it to someone else....they shouldn't have done that." Hotel workers need to understand how important these issues are, especially when you are bringing young children with you.

Most everyone else at the hotel was great. This was a big sore spot.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2008

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to book 3 nights at this hotel and I am glad I did.

The hotel does have a heated swimming pool. The pool was out of commission for 1 day but what really impressed me was the fact that I received a phone call from the hotel a few days before I left to tell me that the pool was going to be closed for one day for repairs. How many places would do this. Very impressive.

I found that staff very helpful with directions and advice on places to eat (you really need to try Vinny's)

I would definitely stay here again (despite the double beds) and recommend this to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank mtebor
Reviewed 21 July 2008

The Herkimer Motel is an independently owned motel with very clean and updated rooms. (bug free) We have stayed here on two occasions and will be staying here whenever we are in the Herkimer area. The staff is friendly and the continental breakfast is well presented. This place makes an effort to deliver high quality accommodations. It is AAA rated and offers a 10% discount. Also, there is a Denny's restaurant next to the parking lot.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Vinsanity
Reviewed 14 July 2008

I am always a bit leery of staying in non "name brand" hotels/motels, especially in small towns. This was a thouroughly enjoyable experience though. We chose to stay here mostly because of other reviews on this site. They were accurate. The counter staff was freindly and informative, especially about local eateries. I requested a room away from the railroad tracks and was accommodated. Our room was very clean. Bathroom was spotless. There was some interstate traffcic noise but not enough to bother us, even at night. The nearby train was noticeable when it went by but not enough to disturb our sleep. The heated pool was comfortably warm and clean and crystal clear. Pool towels were a bit thin and small but that is really a very minor, nit-picky complaint. The motel was well booked during our stay but I never heard another room's shower or toilet. Either we had noone on either side of us (unlikely) or these rooms have very well insulated walls. I would stay here again without a second thought.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank netandmike
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Herkimer Motel is conveniently located off the NY State Thruway. I stayed there for 3 nights and found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the rooms clean and welcoming. The rooms have microwaves, mini-fridges, and clean comfortable beds. Other nice commodities are a clean laundry room, an outdoor pool, and an exercise room with treadmills.

There is a Denny's restaurant within walking distance, but the hotel offers a free Continental Breakfast that includes cereals, juices, yogurt, bagels, and coffee. Herkimer has other restaurants (Applebees, pizza places) but they are more of a short driving distance away.

Some nearby attractions within driving distance are Herkimer Diamond Mines, the Erie Canal tours, and the beautiful Adirondack Mountains.

If you are a light sleeper or not use to traffic noises, you may find the sounds of Interstate traffic a little distracting, but there are rooms that face away from the Interstate to alleviate that problem. I highly recommend this motel to anyone who wants a good night's rest in a clean room while traveling or visiting in this area.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank MissGetaway
Reviewed 29 April 2008

Was originally booked at another Motel. that one turned out to be a dump.
I walked into Herkimer Motel, asked for a room and was greeted with smiles. they were gracious enough to accomodate me with the 2 nights I needed.
Room was very clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly. and Continential Breakfast was a bonus.
did not get to use weight room or pool but both also clean.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank tlp330
Reviewed 11 April 2008

We stayed here recently while driving across NY state. We checked in late, around midnight with no reservations and had no problems. This hotel looked better than the other two at this exit. It was a bit old and definitely not fancy, but the sheets were clean and the room was warm with hot water. The folks at the counter were friendly too.

There was a light complimentary breakfast, but we opted to get a heartier breakfast at Denny's, which is close by.

This place is a good for a cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Inn Towne Motel
Hampton Inn Utica
#1 of 13 in Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!