“Excellent!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Brandon, Vermont
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My family and I had to come to the area for a funeral and stayed at the motel. The staff were courteous, the room exceptionally clean and comfortable, and a nice breakfast in the morning. A great place to stay! I look forward to making a point to come back in the summer that way we can use their nice pool too!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Amy_Rich123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Greene, New York
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed at the Herkimer Motel & Suites last February and again this January for a mandatory 4 week training at the Empire State Highway Association. I had a great experience last year and knew that my stay this year would be just as good. It is comforting knowing that when away from home you will be treated very well and do not have to worry about where you are staying. The staff was very welcoming this year and remembered not only me, but my dog as well. It's nice to know that they make the effort to get to know their travelers. My dog gets frequent treats from the front desk and the cleaning staff. She gets so excited every time we pull into the parking lot. The rooms are very clean and have everything that you need. I have never had a problem with noise level and it is very convenient to stop and get a quick bite to eat before going to training. And for you coffee drinkers there is always an ample supply of keurig k cups. I have to come for training one more year and have no qualms about staying at Herkimer Motel & Suites.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joelle K
Penn Yan, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We recently stayed at the herkimer Motel and Suites. The stay we had was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was remarkable, clean, and very roomy. I would suggest the Herkimer Motel to anyone that is staying in the upstate Ny area. The staff really makes you feel comfortable just like family. They know you by your name just not by the room number. Thanks for such good hospitality.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Erin K
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I wish I didn't have to give the motel any stars as it was that bad of a trip. The one good thing I can say about the motel is that it is clean -- now on with the bad. We stayed during January 2-3, 2014 (which temps were below zero) and we get back from dinner to fire alarms ringing and no heat. My husband and I went to the desk to inform the agent and she said "what do you want me to do about it". Finally, after many other rooms calling and coming to the desk -- she called the maintenance tech. While on the phone with him she said that the power company had to cut half of the power to the hotel but she made sure the credit card machine was still working in the office, heat in the office, and the tv. They gave us extra blankets and sent us on our way. Luckily-- we are in town for a family celebration so we had another room we could stay in (with family) that was a little more heated than our own. Over time that room got bitterly cold as well. We called down at 2 a.m. to see when the power would be on... since we were told by the front desk that it would be no later than 12 a.m. that it would now be possibly after 4 a.m. before the power came back on (with heat). I will be getting a full refund from this trip and reporting this horrible motel to the BBB and possibly the health department. The ignorance of the staff completely blows my mind. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this motel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brittany D
paul b, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Unfortunately, we did have extreme weather and cold on January 3, 2014. This caused our area to loose power at 8:30pm. We were fortunate that we still had 50% power. However, not enough power to operate our room heat pumps at 100% capacity.When I was notified, i contacted the power company and they said "hope to restore power by 10pm." While at the Motel, we relocated several guests to rooms that had most power. I did offer these guests, from South Carolina, the option of a full refund since their stay began on Thursday, but they declined. I also offered them to relocate for the evening, at my expense, to The Knights Inn with their other family members, they also declined and said they will just stay in the other room. I did find out that the power company was having difficulty getting work crews to our area because of the wide spread outages. Unfortunately, now it was estimated by 2am. This was passed on to the guests and that my offer still stands, but again they refused. Power was restored at 2:30am, and we did reimburse our guests the Friday night charges for both rooms. Of course, I wish it didn't happen, but did our best. We are very proud of our great reputation we have gained over the 50+ years of being here in Herkimer. Thank you, Paul Brown --General Manager
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed there on a roadtrip. Nice and simple. Good for the price we paid. Breakfast was ok. Walls are paper thin which was a problem because of the neighbors we had. Very clean though. Location was very convenient off the highway.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank walter_sch
Virginia Beach, Va.
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My goodness what a gem of a lodging! The Herkimer Motel has been remodeled and they did a spectacular job. We stayed there for four (4) nights over Christmas time. The place was beautifully decorated, both, outside and in. The desk person, Stephanie, was very friendly and cheerful and I immediately felt welcomed. Paul, the manager, was equally pleasant and friendly. The room was warm and clean. There was a coffee maker,microwave and refrigerator. The beds were firm and comfortable and the lighting was ambient and not, in your face. Bathroom was small, but, fully functional with more than enough towels. The new air system has both heat and cool in one unit and was not loud or intrusive. Mornings were greeted with free continental breakfast. The lobby has a reading nook and off the lobby was a workout room with TV. I could not have been happier!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Had another great stay at the Herkimer. I forgot to add one item the last time I rated the motel. The entire staff is great. One in particular, Gladys warned me in June about the road closures from the floods in the area. I was able to reach my destination with her directions instead of living for home. This last stay, a few of us had a suite. We were all digging at the Ace of Diamonds and were very dirty at the end of the day. In spite of that, our room was spotless each of the 6 days that we were there. This is a very clean and well maintained facility and I recommend the Herkimer to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ARP1369
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Inn Towne Motel
Hampton Inn Utica
#1 of 13 in Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!