“Pleasantly surprised”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have to say that I my expectations were not very high for a motel in the middle of nowhere NY, but I was pleasantly surprised as how nice this motel was. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the room was very clean, and the price was right. There is also a Denny's right next to the motel if you want something a little more than the light fare that they have at the complimentary breakfast. Overall it was a very nice motel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Arlee D

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stay here whenever I come back to the Mohawk Valley to visit Family and Friends. Rooms are always clean and the staff Friendly. On visit last weekend, 2/8/2014, Gary, the maintenance man was extremely helpful when I asked for his assistance. I plan to come up in the summer with my family and talke advantage of one of their suites!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank connecticut40790
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My sisters and I meet in the middle at this hotel and have met here for a weekend four times now. The room is clean and the staff is wonderful. The complimentary breakfast has enough variety to suit everyone. We really do like this place for its value and convenience for us. My one complaint is that consistently the coffeemaker in the room is not clean. Each time we wash it out thoroughly and run a few cycles to rinse it. This last time we didn't even use it. The lobby has a Keurig and we really enjoyed that so it worked out. It was a chilly coffee run in January, but worth it!

Room Tip: We've only stayed in the back building. I think the second floor is quieter as far as highway n...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DMistark
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Since relocating to South Carolina just a little over a year ago, I have traveled back up north for three funerals and stayed at the Herkimer Motel & Suites each time. The staff is phenomenal, and they realize that oftentimes their customers may be traveling under stress or due to unfortunate circumstances. The premises are kept immaculately clean, and recent remodeling has provided the rooms with new carpeting, new heaters, as well as new windows. The staff went above and beyond in assisting me with my luggage as I have a bad back. There is a very nice variety of breakfast foods offered every morning. I have also stayed there during summer months when I was able to enjoy the in-ground pool.This motel is located right next to the NYS Thruway entrance/exit, making it extremely convenient for travelers. I highly recommend the Herkimer Motel for an exceptional traveling experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank ERemmers
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My family and I had to come to the area for a funeral and stayed at the motel. The staff were courteous, the room exceptionally clean and comfortable, and a nice breakfast in the morning. A great place to stay! I look forward to making a point to come back in the summer that way we can use their nice pool too!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Amy_Rich123
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed at the Herkimer Motel & Suites last February and again this January for a mandatory 4 week training at the Empire State Highway Association. I had a great experience last year and knew that my stay this year would be just as good. It is comforting knowing that when away from home you will be treated very well and do not have to worry about where you are staying. The staff was very welcoming this year and remembered not only me, but my dog as well. It's nice to know that they make the effort to get to know their travelers. My dog gets frequent treats from the front desk and the cleaning staff. She gets so excited every time we pull into the parking lot. The rooms are very clean and have everything that you need. I have never had a problem with noise level and it is very convenient to stop and get a quick bite to eat before going to training. And for you coffee drinkers there is always an ample supply of keurig k cups. I have to come for training one more year and have no qualms about staying at Herkimer Motel & Suites.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joelle K
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We recently stayed at the herkimer Motel and Suites. The stay we had was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was remarkable, clean, and very roomy. I would suggest the Herkimer Motel to anyone that is staying in the upstate Ny area. The staff really makes you feel comfortable just like family. They know you by your name just not by the room number. Thanks for such good hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Erin K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Red Roof Inn Utica
Inn Towne Motel
#2 of 4 in Herkimer
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!