“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
West Nyack, New York
“Great stay”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here recently and I was very pleased with the entire motel as a whole. Just walking into the lobby I could tell this was a well cared for and well run establishment. Clean, spacious, comfortable. That is just the lobby but I will say the exact same things about the room I had as well. I wasn't expecting to have such an up to date, well appointed room. First let me say the room was immaculate. It was bright with lots of natural light and it looked and smelled clean and fresh. The decor is modern as well as the bedding. I didn't feel like I was going to be sleeping in bed sheets that were in use since the 1970's. The bed was very comfortable for sleeping. Nice flat screen TV with a decent selection of channels, and FREE wifi. The wifi connection was strong too, not some weak signal from across the parking lot. I used both the refrigerator and the microwave and both were very clean. My biggest impression of the place is that cleanliness is taken very seriously here. I like that. Especially at this price point, cleanliness is something that can be overlooked sometimes. That is definitely not the case here. Right off the Thruway and a Denny's you can walk to made this a really pleasant find. I make it up to central NY every few months and I will stay here again on my next trip. I have already recommended it to a friend of mine and I would recommend this place to friends and family members.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rhbfp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Oxford, Alabama
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Once inside this motel, you know it is a very special place. The décor is very tastefully done and is to be found in the lobby as well as the rooms. The photos on their website are nice, but you really have to see it firsthand to appreciate the beauty of the place. Rebekah efficiently checked me in and was very professional, friendly and helpful. We were here only one night and chose this place because of its location. If this is the area you need to stay, you won't find a better place, especially at this value!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Robin S
Barrington, RI
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Pulled in here late at night and was a little nervous about the motel at first glance. It is located right off the highway and in back of a Denny's restaurant and the layout is typical of an older style motel but they have done something here that should serve as a business model to motels everywhere. As soon as you walk in your room you feel like you are in a hotel. Rooms are clean and have that hotel feel. Felt like I was walking into the twilight zone and was pleasantly surprised. A fantastic value at less than $100 too. Would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Thomasfrank
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 25 April 2014

From the outside, this motel looks like nothing special, so I've been driving by it on the Thruway for years. I gave it a try last night because I'm headed to Cooperstown today and the off-season price here was better than the off-season prices in Cooperstown (for the nice places). It truly does not look very appealing from the outside. But the parking lot, lobby, breakfast area, and rooms are all sparkling clean. Loved the quaint furnishings in my room and the very comfortable bed. Generous continental breakfast, fitness machines, free wi-fi with a strong signal. I should mention that the earlier reviews citing highway and train noise aren't kidding. It's a loud setting. I live in a city now and grew up near a train crossing, so I slept fine, but people expecting a quiet setting in central NY should be advised that this isn't it. The downtown area with lots of restaurant choices is only two blocks away. Nice small-town atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again and plan to exit the Thruway here in the future to eat in town as opposed to yet another service plaza fast food meal.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, ask to be on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kinnereth
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Wonderful hotel. Great time. I was really impressed with the room, the staff, etc. I was at the Holiday Inn Express - Madison Square Gardens, NYC last week and my room here was 200% better than there.

2 Thank Rev Johannes M
paul b, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words. All of my staff are glad we met your needs during your stay. Very nice to meet with you and learn about your adventures "spreading the word." It's amazing that you've traveled over 200,000 miles on your bike. Be safe and please return. Thank you again.
Georgetown, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The room we had was extremely clean and inviting. The furniture was modern and the bed was really comfortable! The woman at the front desk was gracious, informative, polite and quick. (Even the in room coffee was good, and I never like hotel coffee). Definitely a great place to stay away from home! I will look forward to the next time I can stay here.

Room Tip: We had a suite with a kitchen area, reading chair and two beds. It was very roomy and quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lori L
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very clean and modern... It's a great hotel... The best part was Kayla, she's one of the best housekeepers I've ever had... Most housekeepers just take the tip and go about their day but She took the time to leave a note saying how thankful she was. Hope to come back soon!

1 Thank Cory V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Inn Towne Motel
Hampton Inn Utica
#1 of 13 in Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!