“Comfortable and adequate for a night”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Herkimer
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was in need of an emergency overnight in the Herkimer area and was happy to get a room here as it was the closest and the nicest in the area. The rooms were very simple, wifi and cable tv made it nicer. Apparently they had remodeled recently but my bathroom had pockmarked walls and looked a little worn already. People talking outside the room sounded like they were in the room, but otherwise the room was quiet. The breakfast was average with cereal, yogurt, bread, and what I appreciated most, hard boiled eggs. All in all a nice, simple place, but definitely not a level I normally stay at. It may be priced a tad more than its location and overall quality deserve, but definitely a good place to stay in a pinch.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 May 2014

On the phone, I was pleased that Karen was able to give me a very reasonable rate with my AARP card and then, when I arrived, I was delighted to see that my room was only steps away from the lobby. As an older woman traveling alone, I felt very secure parking right outside my door and having the 24/7 staff just a few doors away. And right in that lobby was fresh coffee all day and night as well. The Euro room was certainly big enough for one - Wi-Fi was excellent and the lobby had magazines and books for reading either in your room or in their comfortable chairs and couches. Up a few steps was the breakfast room and the fitness center - again clean and inviting. A delightful stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank pmorena
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Check-in was quick and efficient. The hotel room was clean and nice. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful. The train going by all night long is noisy, but with the room fan on, it helped block out the noise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle E
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This has been a pleasure staying here for past week.the The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and well designed..as the other reviews state..Well run motel.. and the maid service is one of the best ...very friendly and I want to thank Gladys for making my stay so pleasant..

Room Tip: back rooms r best
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rita B
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had a great experience, hotel was clean friendly employees especially Maggie who was my housekeeper she did a great job keeping the room neat and clean. Went for a family gathering and she let me know of things to do and see with the family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here recently and I was very pleased with the entire motel as a whole. Just walking into the lobby I could tell this was a well cared for and well run establishment. Clean, spacious, comfortable. That is just the lobby but I will say the exact same things about the room I had as well. I wasn't expecting to have such an up to date, well appointed room. First let me say the room was immaculate. It was bright with lots of natural light and it looked and smelled clean and fresh. The decor is modern as well as the bedding. I didn't feel like I was going to be sleeping in bed sheets that were in use since the 1970's. The bed was very comfortable for sleeping. Nice flat screen TV with a decent selection of channels, and FREE wifi. The wifi connection was strong too, not some weak signal from across the parking lot. I used both the refrigerator and the microwave and both were very clean. My biggest impression of the place is that cleanliness is taken very seriously here. I like that. Especially at this price point, cleanliness is something that can be overlooked sometimes. That is definitely not the case here. Right off the Thruway and a Denny's you can walk to made this a really pleasant find. I make it up to central NY every few months and I will stay here again on my next trip. I have already recommended it to a friend of mine and I would recommend this place to friends and family members.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rhbfp
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Once inside this motel, you know it is a very special place. The décor is very tastefully done and is to be found in the lobby as well as the rooms. The photos on their website are nice, but you really have to see it firsthand to appreciate the beauty of the place. Rebekah efficiently checked me in and was very professional, friendly and helpful. We were here only one night and chose this place because of its location. If this is the area you need to stay, you won't find a better place, especially at this value!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RobinS672
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herkimer
Inn Towne Motel
Hampton Inn Utica
#1 of 13 in Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer? Share your experiences!