Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
Inn Towne Motel(Herkimer)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
  • Room Service
The Village Motel(Richfield Springs)(Great Value!)
US$78
The Lake House(Richfield Springs)
US$140
US$101
Rest Inn(Utica)
US$72
US$61
Fountain View Motel(Richfield Springs)
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsyogurtcontinental breakfasterie canalherkimer areahard boiled eggsno elevatorplace to stayfridge and microwavelight sleeperup to datethe breakfast areastayed one nightcomfortable bedscoffee makergreat roomnew yorkthruway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We again stayed at this motel while in the Herkimer, Mohawk Valley for a family related visit. It was comfortable, clean, with extremely friendly staff. The complimentary breakfast is quite substantial, and the coffee is always available, which is a nice touch.

We will be staying here again in September for another family related event. We did request that we not have a room over the office/lobby area as that section is the nearest to the train tracks and it did disturb us when the train went through.

There are different types of accommodation from which to choose. We really like the suites, which feature a separate bedroom, and full refrigerator. However, we didn't need anything quite so large (they sleep 6 or more) this visit, so went with a single king, and it was fine. There is a handy little microwave oven, and a small refrigerator which is very useful.

There is a lovely pool area outdoors, but it was too chilly to use it this trip.

If you want to stay here, I recommend making reservations as soon as you know your travel dates. This lovely little place fills up quickly and there are no other truly comparable lodging options unless you travel to Utica or Syracuse.

It's a GREAT value!

Room Tip: We prefer rooms in the building that is toward the back, or nearer the pool. Those tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was in need of an emergency overnight in the Herkimer area and was happy to get a room here as it was the closest and the nicest in the area. The rooms were very simple, wifi and cable tv made it nicer. Apparently they had remodeled recently but my bathroom had pockmarked walls and looked a little worn already. People talking outside the room sounded like they were in the room, but otherwise the room was quiet. The breakfast was average with cereal, yogurt, bread, and what I appreciated most, hard boiled eggs. All in all a nice, simple place, but definitely not a level I normally stay at. It may be priced a tad more than its location and overall quality deserve, but definitely a good place to stay in a pinch.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2014

On the phone, I was pleased that Karen was able to give me a very reasonable rate with my AARP card and then, when I arrived, I was delighted to see that my room was only steps away from the lobby. As an older woman traveling alone, I felt very secure parking right outside my door and having the 24/7 staff just a few doors away. And right in that lobby was fresh coffee all day and night as well. The Euro room was certainly big enough for one - Wi-Fi was excellent and the lobby had magazines and books for reading either in your room or in their comfortable chairs and couches. Up a few steps was the breakfast room and the fitness center - again clean and inviting. A delightful stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank pmorena
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Check-in was quick and efficient. The hotel room was clean and nice. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful. The train going by all night long is noisy, but with the room fan on, it helped block out the noise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle E
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This has been a pleasure staying here for past week.the The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and well designed..as the other reviews state..Well run motel.. and the maid service is one of the best ...very friendly and I want to thank Gladys for making my stay so pleasant..

Room Tip: back rooms r best
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business