Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Inn Towne Motel(Herkimer)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
  • Room Service
The Village Motel(Richfield Springs)(Great Value!)
US$78
The Lake House(Richfield Springs)
US$140
US$101
Rest Inn(Utica)
US$72
US$61
US$72
US$68
  • Room Service
All reviewsyogurtcontinental breakfasterie canalherkimer areahard boiled eggsno elevatorplace to stayfridge and microwavelight sleeperup to datethe breakfast areastayed one nightcomfortable bedscoffee makergreat roomnew yorkthruway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I like to go to Herkimer, New York to dig for Herkimer Diamonds (a different review). The Herkimer Motel is a clean property easily accessible from Route 90 and close to the mines. We stayed in a standard Euro room which was adequate. It had one double bed, a microwave oven, fridge, iron + ironing board and TV. There is a lounge chair and a small desk and chair where can use your lap top. A free breakfast is offered that included coffee, tea, hot chocolate, 3 types of juices, yogurt, hot and cold cereals, English muffins, bagels and 2 other types of muffins. You can get cold hard boiled eggs, also. The staff is friendly and helpful. The office has a small library with a couch and chairs. The only caveat is that they are located between train tracks (one goes by often) and the highway. Just bring strong ear plugs. If you are looking for an inexpensive place to sleep, I recommend it. They also offer AAA and AARP discounts.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and hotel staff extremely friendly. Housekeeper Maggie was a true blessing. She made sure my family and I were comfortable and felt like home. Would definitely recommend this place to a friend. Thanks for that experience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank La Reina S
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have passed by this hotel many times and had not thought much of its view from the NYS Thruway. The lobby was nice, roomy, and very clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. This hotel is abut 2 min off exit 30 and close to many New York gems such as Cooperstown, The Erie Canal and Howe's Caverns. I opted for one of their "smaller" rooms. It still had all the amenities (microwave, fridge, desk, hair dryer, etc). I will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tla31
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed for one night while traveling with our dog. I was worried when we pulled up I was going to regret my decision but as they say...never judge a book by its cover. I was upgraded to a larger room in the back building (studio suite). I was pleasantly surprised as the room was updated and very nice. It had mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and large kitchen sink. After spending most of the day in the car, my kids had fun playing in the pool. They have coin-op laundry so I was able to wash/dry their beach towels before heading out the next morning. Their free breakfast was nicer than most. More of a selection than the usual fare. I loved being able to use their Keurig in the lobby. They had a selection of about 10 different K-cups. I am normally not one to stay at a motel but I think it was a great value with fantastic extras. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Khart18
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at the Herkimer Motel & Suites for the third time in four years while attending the Great American Irish Festival.
The hotel offers good value, a great location, and comfortable rooms.
It takes a few minutes to get used to the train sounds from the nearby tracks but then it is just white noise and rather pleasant.
There was some loud music/noise coming from a parking lot across the street (not owned by the motel) on Saturday night but we turned up the A/C and that drowned it out, and we did not bother calling the front desk about it
The breakfast area was very crowded because the hotel was completely booked with the Irish Festival and the Baseball Hall of Fame induction being on the same weekend, but the breakfast itself was better than continental and was filling.
A good place to stay with a friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family