Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Inn Towne Motel(Herkimer)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
The Village Motel(Richfield Springs)
View Hotel
Stony Brook Motel(Richfield Springs)
View Hotel
Fountain View Motel(Richfield Springs)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsyogurtcontinental breakfasterie canalherkimer areahard boiled eggsno elevatorplace to stayfridge and microwavelight sleeperup to datethe breakfast areastayed one nightcomfortable bedscoffee makergreat roomnew yorkthruway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2010

The outside resembles an old Holiday Inn of the 60's. Inside, however, is a modern, spacious room. Modern furniture, updated countertops, nice bedding,new light fixtures, flat screened tv, and a new carpet. My studio even had a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, and sink. I just couldn't believe how nice it was! The breakfast was minimal but the coffee was excellent. The only negative was the slightly stale smell of the room. It smelled like it had been smoked in at some point. Overall, definitely recommended if you are in need of a room in this area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Skantravellady
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Our stay at the Herkimer for one night on the way to the coast was just what we needed. When we arrived around 8:30 p.m., the pool was still open until 10 p.m. but the woman at the front desk assured me that even if had not, she would have gladly kept it open long enough for the kids to take a dip and burn some energy. Not your typical chain. It must be a locally run establishment as you feel the staff is there to meet your needs. In the lobby,there were games to play, computer and coffee and tea available 24 hours. The breakfast was healthy wtih the basic bread, yogurt, cereal and bagel - quite adequate but there is a Dennys next door for those who wish to clog up the arteries. :) A fridge and micro were in the room. The room was a bit noisy as it's located near the highway and train tracks but that did not hinder our sleep. The room was clean and roomy.

If we had more time, I would have liked to check out the lock/canal tour nearby.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank justanohmom
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This is a gem of a hotel for the price. The rate is usually around 60 a night. It's got a great location right off the nys thruway and the staff and owners are American and friendly.
The hotel itself is vintage 1950-60 but the rooms are kept clean and in good repair. It's a basic room but it's a good, clean place to stay when you're in the area or are on your way to somewhere else.

Reviewed 5 August 2010

My dad lives about 15 minutes from this hotel. He was the one to originally recommended it to me. I travel from California almost every year to see him and I always stay here. It's clean, the rooms are a decent size, not a small closet, and staff is very helpful and nice, albeit not overly friendly. It's right off the throughway, so who knows who they see. And unlike another review I read, I've never had any noise issues. Also, they have (or at least used to have) a stamp card program. Stay 8 nights, get the 9th free or something.

I recommend this hotel for anyone exploring upstate NY and wanting a central location, family or alone.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank schoolgirl77
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I was able to get a room at Herkimer Motel and Suites for the Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremony only two months out. Everything in Cooperstown, Oneonta, and the surroundings were stuffed.

When we arrived, I realized I had actually booked a Euro Double room (a room with a single full-size bed). Paul at the front desk was awesome. We got a complimentary cot the first night and he found us a real double room for the next two nights.

I was also worried about how crowded the roads to Cooperstown would be for the inducion weekend. Needless to say, this was not a problem. The 30 minute drive into Cooperstown on US20/NY80 was quick, scenic, and uncongested.

We had a great weekend and knowing we had a nice place to come back to every night was great.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends