“Amazing Experience”

Huntington, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

What a wonderful experience. The LI Puppet Theatre is a treasure trove of beautiful and unique decorations. The owners are warm and welcoming and so helpful when planning parties there. The birthday parties are fair priced and well organized. Overall the LI Puppet Theatre is a must see. Adults are free. Plan your next party here, you will not be disappointed.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ali S

Centerport, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A birthday party to remember”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had been considering having my daughter’s birthday party at the Long Island Puppet Theater for a few years. I finally decided to pull the trigger for her 3rd birthday since she is old enough to full appreciate the celebration. We went to a puppet show to check out the place. It was a cold winter day so they didn’t have many guests. The place is so well decorated. I love the fact that the puppeteer is the artist (also the owner) behind everything. Kids are so tied to screens these days so I was looking for a party that offer something different and require imagination.

When you walk in the door, you are greeting by a room full of whimsical decorations. Hand painted walls, a display of puppets, beautiful chandeliers, butterflies hanging from the ceiling. You would think that you walked into Alice in the Wonderland. There is a separate theater room for the puppet shows which again is a room very well decorated.

My daughter picked the pirate and princess party. We had 20 children ranging from 1 to 15. There were another 25 adults attended. We confirmed out headcount and ordered food a few days before the event. They took care of everything and all I had to do was bringing the cake. I opt to bring my own goodie bags for my guests as well.

It was a fun packed 2 hours we spent there. Everyone was into the games. The kids had a ball. Every single one of them participated in the games. When you see all 20 kids bouncing on the dance floor including the older ones, you know they are having a good time. The parents were so impressed by the venue and the entertainment, they could not stop thanking me for inviting them during and even days after the party. There were 3 people serving us during the event. They took care of hanging the coat, serving food and drinks, handing out goodie bags, clean up. I didn’t have to do a thing.

My daughter was very disappointed when the party was over. She wanted to stay so I promised her that I would bring her back for future shows.

I am sad to see the bad reviews here. In my experience, these are people who are passionate about their work and their art. They are extremely talented. They are a small local business with the goal to bring joy and imagination to children. You get a very personal experience here unlike some of the children parties I have been to hosted by chained business. You do pay a bit more than the generic party but you will get a memorable experience. I hope people don’t get discouraged by the negative review and give them a shot.

Visited January 2014
6 Thank LongIslandSuperMom
Northport, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Just returned from our granddaughter's 3rd birthday party at the Long Island Puppet Theater. I must admit we were expecting "another kids birthday party... sigh". What a wonderful, fun, entertaining experience! Sparkly, whimsical decor starts off a truly feel-good few hours. The entertainment was done by someone who obviously loves children and has incredible patience. There were 20 children at the party and he kept them engaged in a constant array of fun and imaginative entertainment. And if excitement and noise levels are any judge, those kids were having a ball! Frankly, as were the adults! It was a pleasure watching them. The place seems on the smallish side so they limit the number, but it is CLEAN and had plenty of room for all of us. I can't speak highly enough of this place! Perhaps the age of the child should be a factor in choosing a venue such as this because a very young child could be over whelmed. It was our grand daughter's 3rd birthday and she was fine. Other 3 year guests appeared to find it too much. That's up to the parent to make a realistic choice. I would recommend, and fully intend to recommend the Long Island Puppet Theater.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank keebler1048
Garden City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Whimsical!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have been going to the Long Island Puppet Theater for years, first with my older daughter, who is now 10, and now with my younger child who is 4. We have found the owners to be nothing but gracious and warm each time we have come. The lobby is beautiful and very whimsical-in fact, I would love to borrow some ideas for my little one's room!
We have enjoyed all of the shows we have seen, though some more than others. Just came back from the Little Mermaid and we loved it. The shows are slightly offbeat, but in a very positive way, but I guess from reading some of the reviews it's not everyone's cup of tea. All I can say is that my children have been mesmerized by the puppet shows and have really enjoyed every single one.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank ValerieS42
Bellmore, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very entertaining!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

If you want something different and fun for your child's birthday you should definitely give Long Island Puppet theater a try. We just celebrated our daughter's 6th birthday party there and everyone including moms and dads had a grand time. The kids were involved since the moment they came in. The place was beautifully decorated. The hostess and the entertainers were very accommodating and pleasant.

Visited November 2013