All reviews bagels long island continental breakfast no elevator room was clean fridge and microwave funeral home front desk clerk country road pancake machine parking lot dollar tree flat screen tv king bed the breakfast area choice hotels train station
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Very friendly people. Although the hotel was not completely booked we did get a room with a view to a wall.The room was constantly very cold and we couldn't get a standard temperature.
Very good location with good restaurants in the area. Nice restaurant and goor sportfacility.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Marlo S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share some comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will be sure to let our staff know they had such a positive impact on your experience. They work hard to make sure that each and every guest is comfortable during their stay. Your business is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Great place to stay. The location is much more convenient than it looks on the map, as there is access to the parking lot directly from W. Old Country Road. Nice room at a good price. Microwave, mini fridge, iron & ironing board, hair dryer, flat screen TV. Comfortable, clean and safe. Wifi was good and easy to connect to. Good continental breakfast with the usual items.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We come to Long Island 3 times between May-August every year, and have always stayed at the same hotel. This year, that hotel raised their prices dramatically and we didn't feel it was worth it and it was time to look for a less expensive option. We ended up booking here and I can't be more happy with the decision! We found our room to be updated, spacious, and extremely clean. Having a microwave and a refrigerator was a huge plus as well. There are a ton of businesses within 7-10 minutes (as I quickly learned when I needed to run out to Walmart 2 separate times the first night we were there as I kept discovering things we forgot to pack!) which makes it very convenient for quick errands and food options. The ONLY thing holding me back from giving 5 stars is that the bed was hard and not very comfortable. But we made it work. The lobby and breakfast area is also clean and newly updated (looks nothing like the photos online). Sean was working the front desk when we arrived. He is extremely friendly and has a great personality! My husband immediately mentioned that in all the years we stayed at the other hotel on Long Island, no one had ever been as friendly as Sean. Thank you for a lovely stay! We will see you in June and August!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie T
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

On behalf of myself and the staff here at Econo Lodge Hicksville, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Your comments help us maintain the high level of quality and service that you expect from our hotel. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in making sure that all of our rooms are clean and comfortable. The front desk and executive staff always looks to see that our guests are satisfied and have a pleasurable experience. We are constantly improving our property to ensure our guests satisfaction. Thank you again and we very much look forward to seeing you soon. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

When we checked in, Mr Tom was in the reception. He is the face for Customer Service and a school book example how to give service. A true person who loves his job. When having breakfast, Mr Tom was there making everything wonderful, again. He made grumpy people to smile, he also helped out us non Americans who had no clue how the pancake machine or bagel toaster worked...

Econo Lodge, please make sure Tom gets this. Also, I wish I could take him with me to Europe to show what Service is all about!

Room Tip: A bit of walk to most of things, a rental car is the best option to have.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
gm_econo_hicksville, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hicksville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share some comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will be sure to let Tom know he had such a positive impact on your experience. Our staff works hard to make sure that each and every guest is comfortable during their stay. Your business is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

This is a decent, basic, lower-cost hotel, in an area that tends to be expensive. It is only five miles to Hofstra University, and a mile and a half to Hicksville Station with commuter trains to NYC. The breakfast buffet is pretty basic, includes cereal, toast, bagels, fruit and yogurt, and an automated pancake maker - something I hadn't seen before. Free parking. Econolodge is part of the Choice group of hotels, so you can earn points with their "Choice Privileges" program.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south-facing side of the hotel get more traffic noise than the north-facing side.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Econo Lodge Hicksville. I would like to take this opportunity to let you know how much your business means to us. As always, it is our promise to give you a service that will make you want to return. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Happy Travels!