“Lovely Spot”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in High Falls
The Arbor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 6 High Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2013

A really nice bed and breakfast. Delicious homemade breakfast. Cucumber infused water!
Dogs allowed. Hardwood floors in the rooms. Beautifully and simply decorated rooms. Good location for New Paltz, Kingston and surrounding areas. Helpful owner with directions to swimming holes. Set back from the road, so quiet rooms. All good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 October 2011

My extended family and I (9 of us total + 1 dog) stayed at the Arbor over a long weekend. We were having a memorial service for my grandfather near by. It was the perfect environment for our little gathering. It was nice to have a place to gather that was big enough for all of us but not an impersonal hotel with tons of other people around. It was like staying with family but no one had to cook. :) We had the run of the place the whole weekend and even had some friends who attended the service stop by for a while. Nancy was gracious about serving a tasty breakfast to the early risers and the late sleepers whenever we were ready. She also prepared a nice lunch and dinner over the course of the weekend. With 4 regular bedrooms, a kind of a half bedroom and 2 bathrooms we were well accommodated. My only (very) minor complaint was that I found the bed too soft. That's just personal preference, really. Overall, the Arbor was a great choice.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Not_from_here617
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this lovely B&B during our weekend getaway to husdson valley. We were really surprised how nice this property was. It was the nicest house in the neighbourhood with a huge lawn and a nice little garden. Our room was okay. Nice size. Nothing really special. We had a shared bath. I was a bit iffy about it at first but there were only another couple besides us. So it wasn't that big of a deal. The only thing that I wasn't exactly thrilled was we were woken up in the morning with the "noises" from our neighbor room and the really loud music coming from either downstairs or their room. It was our vacation and we would have liked to sleep in. I understand it was their vacation as well, but it wasn't quite a nice experience for us to be woken up by that noise that went on and on. It was very unconfortable. It wasn't this B&B's fault. It was just one of those things you have to deal with when you stay at any B&B! We were quite sleepy and tired all day because of that. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with our stay. Very nice breakfast. There's a gorgeous fall a few blocks away from the place. It's absolutely breath-taking. We also run into a Sunday flea market right around the corner of the B&B. Nancy also gave us some cool ideas to visit nearby towns: Rhinebeck and Kingston. I'd recommend Rhinebeck with little shops but not to Kingston. There's really nothing there.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Really nice experience here. Quiet, clean place, nice rooms with big comfy beds, very pretty walks into the town. Nancy is a great cook and the breakfast she made was fantastic. She also prepares these delicious shortbread cookies. She runs the place well and I would love to go back there.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I have stayed three times over 6 years at the Arbor B & B and each time was greeted by the gracious and thoughtful proprietor, Nancy and her cat Bootsie, and was made to feel welcome, comfortable and nurtured. Sweet rooms (I have stayed in 3 of the five), really comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, cozy little common room with books and games, and a wonderful outdoor lawn and garden for lounging around when not exploring the village or surrounding countryside.
On top of that there are the breakfasts---home-made and wonderful----her baked egg dish is a marvel, as are her tasty little shortbread cookies left out all day for nibbling.
Cannot reccomend Nancy's little B & B enough for a a gentle, cozy stay in a lovely area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We've been visiting the beautiful Rondout Valley for many years and have always enjoyed High Falls. This was our first stay at The Arbor and I don't think we'll go anywhere else again. It's a little, hidden gem close to "town" -- very simple, but every detail is thought through (I *loved* 100% cotton kimono left in each room). The rooms are super-clean, great beds, and excellent AC (though the cross-breezes are lovely).

Nancy, the owner, is a fantastic hostess. A great cook and conversationalist, you leave feeling like you've just met your long-lost, smart, and groovy aunt. She doesn't hover and chats when you're up for it. Otherwise, she's virtually invisible, except for when she's whipping up an *amazing* breakfast. As my husband said, she really knows her way around an egg! And her cookies are to-die-for.

As for the property, there are only four (I think) rooms, but I think we saw one other couple the whole time. We used the shared bath, and it was always empty, so no issues at all. The outdoor space is pretty, with a comfy porch on which to sit and relax. And you're within walking distance of several great shops and restaurants.

A word about pets. We brought our dog with us. Like with any B&B (or hotel), you should always call ahead to let the proprietor(s) know that you'll be bringing a pet. We did that and Nancy was happy to have us and our dog, and she was clear about the rules -- dogs okay, just don't leave your pet in the room unattended. It couldn't have been more easy, and Nancy couldn't have been more accommodating (she even put out bowls for our dog food/water).

In short, super-special place in a beautiful location. We're already planning another stay for when the leaves turn.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2010

My wife and I stayed here for one night, and would never go back! Even when booking the owner was rude on the phone.

We arrived and no one was there to greet us. Though the website said animal friendly, the owner had a fit when we arrived with our two small dogs and practically made us leave a family wedding! She accosted us when we were going to bed that night and then had the nerve to try and charge us nearly double for the room when signing out!!!

We have traveled all over the world and this is going down as worst experience and that's comparing it to third world countries!

Please beware, never met a more ungracious person!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1850 House Inn & Tavern
1850 House Inn & Tavern
#1 of 2 in Rosendale
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz

Been to The Arbor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!