“new management cleaned up”
Review of Atlas Motor Lodge

Atlas Motor Lodge
Ranked #6 of 6 Highland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Traveling for 45 years I have seen them all. This hotel has been taken over by an Indian couple who have improved it very much including new microwaves, refridgerators and clean rooms.
Wi-Fi was excellent.

Room Tip: Call ahead and reserve.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Room was somewhat dated but bright, cheery, and most important, very clean. Staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again, but next time would try to book with the motel directly. The agency I booked with was very inflexible with cancellations and had little value add.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 13 July 2014

An average motel. The room was very clean but very small and it looked a bit tatty (old microwave, air conditioner, window, ...). The tv looked nice and the fridge proved very useful. Also, the WiFi worked well and the owners were pleasant. Considering all this, it seemed a bit overpriced ($110 with tax) but that may be the price for the area.

In short, it was good enough for one night, maybe not much longer. With a bit of work, the motel could be great. Note that our room was in the main building so we are not sure how the back building is.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K0tik
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed for only one night, 3 adults and 2 kids, and on the website I could see the sofa as the extra bed, but when I get there there was not sofa and only a mattress to put in the floor. Doors are broken, no plugs for coffee maker, only if you unplug tv :-(. Floors are noise everything is old. Just the location is good and stuff friendly, but I won't come back with my family.

Room Tip: Not sure there is any good room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I completely enjoyed our stay at this Conveniently located lodge, we had a comfortable room that was clean and bright, with a lovely Terrence ....the flat screened TV worked well, the volume and remote were in perfect working order.... It was nice to have a good sized fridge , and microwave in the room. The setting is charming ,with a outdoor area that is shady and comfortable . . . . I can't say enough about the folks that operate this lovely lodge, they couldn't be more Accommodating, friendly and helpful, Im looking forward to our next stay..... most sincerely , Nancy & Neal from Long Island .....Thank You Raj & Arti ! ! !

Room Tip: Conveniently located near restaurants and many attractions....easy to navigate, plenty of parking...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I understand some of these rooms are renovated, perhaps some not.. I always book the same room and it is great. This is my 3rd time here.. Refrig, microwave, clean.. beds (2) comfortable.. good t.v. room is large with couch and table.. desk for makeup etc..Owner called me after I checked in to see if all was well and if we were comfortable ! I stay there on holiday weekends and pay $ 100 a night with taxes and there is no place decent for close to that price.
they have a hair dryer and coffee maker now in the room I book and I the small negatives
( Window open, there was some road noise and on Sat night holiday, some neighbor noise.. but manageable) the shower head is a strong nozzle that can blow you away ..not a normal shower head .. and water was warm one day not hot but showerable.. these small things do not detract from a good... quality motel stay. I am booking again.

Room Tip: inquire about details of room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katya m
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was at a concert in nearby Poughkeepsie and I booked this hotel for just a night. I got a booking.com deal that wasn't that great, but I was exhausted. The room i had was adjacent to the lobby (#16) and wasn't that bad. The family who runs the place were very friendly at check in and check out. It is near the MidHudson Civic center in Poughkeepsie and right over the bridge so it is in a good location. The heat lamp in the bathroom was a very nice touch. Our room was small, but if all you really need is a bed (not too bad, my girlfriend and I prefer firmer matresses) than this is a good stop to make

Room Tip: 16-29 are in the mainbuilding
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NJtwoVT
Neil R, General Manager at Atlas Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thanks so much for stopping by and being our guest. It was a pleasure having you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
2 mi away
Quality Inn Hyde Park
Quality Inn Hyde Park
#2 of 4 in Hyde Park
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz

Been to Atlas Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!