“Dirty! Slimy! Sticky! Just plain gross!!!”

Super 8 Highland NY
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Highland
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was visiting upstate New York for a wedding this past June. I only needed a hotel room for a night and decided to buy a room on Hotwire.com Oh man, I did not know what I was getting myself into when booking this hotel.
This is probably the most disgusting hotel I've ever checked into. I know it's an economy hotel with no frills - no elevator, no concierge, no spa, no pool, no on demand movies. I get it, but it should be at least clean. Upon check in, the building smelled of cigarettes and the front desk counter was sticky. The nice but clearly exhausted front clerk handed me my key to my room down the hall. I opened the door to the room and noticed a severely cracked window and a cat urine odor. Scared that I might become like a victim in a Saw movie, I ran back to the front desk for a new room. I was relocated to a room on the second floor. In the process of rolling my luggage to my room, I found out there isn't an elevator. Once I finally arrived to the room, the cat odor was in this room as well. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed. I found wrappers by the nightstand. My flip flops were sticking to the bathroom floor, so I keep them on my entire stay. It was just so filthy! The television didn't even work! Luckily I had an early morning flight out of Stewart so literally only had to stay there for a few hours just to catch some Zzzzzs. Honestly, I can't recommend this hotel to anyone. Staying there is something that I'd never do again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Jennifer M, General Manager at Super 8 Highland NY, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

I am very disappointed that you wrote such a horrible review for this location. I apologize for you not enjoying your sstay here at the Super 8 in Highland NY. My staff and I take pride in attempting to make every guests stay excellent. If we fell short for you I again, apologize. Should you like to call me directly so we can discuss your stay my direct line is (845) 691-6888. Thank you for your time.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Highland NY

Reviewed 10 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Jennifer M, General Manager at Super 8 Highland NY, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Reviewed 19 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 June 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Jennifer M, General Manager at Super 8 Highland NY, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Reviewed 8 June 2013

we were going to our daughters graduation in florida and our car caught on fire super 8 was pet friendly and close to the garage they accomadated us fully! Room was in super shape! Staff was compassiionate and helped out to their fullest! Jennifer the general manager has been helping us along our travels to help anyway she can or could our car was repaired but still smelled like smoke and she gave us an air freshener to try to get our dress clothes to smell good for graduation it was so important to us!!! We thank her and the staff so much we did finally make it and still have had stressful times getting home which we will post later. But our gratitude goes to the first responders and thats super 8 motel! ty again jennifer!!!!

Room Tip: it doesnt matter a room because we assume what we had everyone had and that is a clean room u can ac...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

As always it is great to hear from a guest when we can help out anyway possible!! Thank you for your great review. Again should you need any of my help on your travels let me know. I will always do the best to get you the best rate at any of our Wyndham locations throughout the United States!!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We have stayed here at the Super 8 in Highland numerous times. We relocated to Fla. We have a huge family and lots of friends and Business in the Orange Ulster Area so it's a great location. I never thought about writing a review I was always satisfied. The last time we stayed was a bit different my husband had been ill and could not leave our room for an entire week. I spent alot of time at the hotel that week. I got to meet and be greeted by the most awesome staff everyday. They are all attentive to our needs and made sure we were comfortable. The room was clean and bright. I thought how blessed we are to have a place to stay that still has family values. They really do appreciate your business and it shows through the manager Jennifer and all the way through all the front desk staff. The maids are super sweet too. Thanks again see you next trip.

Room Tip: corner units are bright and sunny.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer M, General Manager at Super 8 Highland NY, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for writing such a lovely review! I am so pleased that we have made your trip special! I didn't get to see you on your last stay. I did see your husband who seemed to be in better condition!! Thank you for your loyalty to our location and again, whenever you need a great rate and a clean room call me directly. (845) 691-6888. Jennifer

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I want to start this off by stating that I never, ever, ever write reviews online. But after my stay here I had to write one!
I stayed at the Highland Super 8 earlier this month and was only there for one night. The place is clean, the staff is friendly and it was convinietly located to where I had to be.
On this short trip I accidentally left my house keys in the room where I stayed and realized this once I got back home to the city. Luckily my wife had her keys and I was able to get in out apartment. I had just reached out to my apartments management company to get a 25$ replacement key for the front door when Jennifer, a manager at Highland Super 8 called saying they had found my keys. Not only did they find my keys, but Jennifer mailed them back to me with money out of her own pocket! When I offered to send her something for her trouble she politely refused! Incredible! Service like this is rare in this world. I am grateful to Jennifer and the entire staff at Highland Super 8!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you very much for your review! I haven't heard back from you and I am hoping you received your keys. It's my pleasure to help out my guests any way I possibly can and my housekeepers strive for the best! Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review since I am the first one you have written. Should you need anything, set up a new reservation, help with another hotel please feel free to give me a call. Again thank you for your time! (845) 691-6888. Jennifer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Days Inn Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Roosevelt Inn
Roosevelt Inn
#1 of 4 in Hyde Park

Been to Super 8 Highland NY? Share your experiences!