“DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY”

Super 8 Highland NY
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Highland
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

It looks ok when you first walk in. It's a different story once in the room. The floors are worn and don't look like they've been vacuumed, the comforter is faded from non washing. Want to shower? Forget it.. There was a TON of hair AND the water was backed up because it wouldn't drain. It had an odor and everything is outdated. Everything is dusty too. They charged us 108 for this? Everything else was booked so I'm stuck in this dirty room.. I might leave and sleep at a rest stop.. It's cleaner. I have pics of my stay upon arrival to prove it.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Littlesquish
Jennifer M, General Manager at Super 8 Highland NY, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for you review and pictures posted. Not sure what room you stayed in (we have tried to figure out from pics) I apologize for the dust, wish you would have come to front desk or spoke with me at the front desk so we could have had the room recleaned or even upgraded you to a different room. Next time you stay before posting your concerns please come let us know what the situation is at the front desk so we can try and make your stay enjoyable. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Room was nice and clean. However the hotel had a very strong smell of cigarette smoke throughout the hallways.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to write you review. Cigarette smoke is a problem at all hotels in NY I'm sure. We are currently fixing this problem here at the Super 8 in Highland NY. We used to have half of the hotel with smoking rooms, now we are down to 5. Even still we will be an entire smoke free hotel in the near future. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you here again at the Super 8 of Highland NY.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was visiting upstate New York for a wedding this past June. I only needed a hotel room for a night and decided to buy a room on Hotwire.com Oh man, I did not know what I was getting myself into when booking this hotel.
This is probably the most disgusting hotel I've ever checked into. I know it's an economy hotel with no frills - no elevator, no concierge, no spa, no pool, no on demand movies. I get it, but it should be at least clean. Upon check in, the building smelled of cigarettes and the front desk counter was sticky. The nice but clearly exhausted front clerk handed me my key to my room down the hall. I opened the door to the room and noticed a severely cracked window and a cat urine odor. Scared that I might become like a victim in a Saw movie, I ran back to the front desk for a new room. I was relocated to a room on the second floor. In the process of rolling my luggage to my room, I found out there isn't an elevator. Once I finally arrived to the room, the cat odor was in this room as well. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed. I found wrappers by the nightstand. My flip flops were sticking to the bathroom floor, so I keep them on my entire stay. It was just so filthy! The television didn't even work! Luckily I had an early morning flight out of Stewart so literally only had to stay there for a few hours just to catch some Zzzzzs. Honestly, I can't recommend this hotel to anyone. Staying there is something that I'd never do again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

I am very disappointed that you wrote such a horrible review for this location. I apologize for you not enjoying your sstay here at the Super 8 in Highland NY. My staff and I take pride in attempting to make every guests stay excellent. If we fell short for you I again, apologize. Should you like to call me directly so we can discuss your stay my direct line is (845) 691-6888. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Jennifer M, General Manager at Super 8 Highland NY, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Reviewed 19 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 June 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Jennifer M, General Manager at Super 8 Highland NY, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Reviewed 8 June 2013

we were going to our daughters graduation in florida and our car caught on fire super 8 was pet friendly and close to the garage they accomadated us fully! Room was in super shape! Staff was compassiionate and helped out to their fullest! Jennifer the general manager has been helping us along our travels to help anyway she can or could our car was repaired but still smelled like smoke and she gave us an air freshener to try to get our dress clothes to smell good for graduation it was so important to us!!! We thank her and the staff so much we did finally make it and still have had stressful times getting home which we will post later. But our gratitude goes to the first responders and thats super 8 motel! ty again jennifer!!!!

Room Tip: it doesnt matter a room because we assume what we had everyone had and that is a clean room u can ac...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

As always it is great to hear from a guest when we can help out anyway possible!! Thank you for your great review. Again should you need any of my help on your travels let me know. I will always do the best to get you the best rate at any of our Wyndham locations throughout the United States!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Days Inn Poughkeepsie
#1 of 4 in Hyde Park
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
#4 of 13 in Poughkeepsie

Been to Super 8 Highland NY? Share your experiences!