“Check for clean sheets!!”

Super 8 Highland NY
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Highland
Highland
“Check for clean sheets!!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Hotel recommended by friends. What a mistake. Besides sheets not refreshed after previous guest, the smoke free room reeked of smoke.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Jennifer M, General Manager at Super 8 Highland NY, responded to this review, 16 January 2015
I apologize for your dismay. Our housekeepers take pride in their work. This was reviewed by me and housekeeper. We do apologize for falling short of your expectations. Please call me directly (845) 691-6888. I would like to try and give you a better experience on your next stay!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bronx
Reviewed 25 August 2014

There is no place to eat at a short distance. No banks around the area, no buses, only boring trees. The management is very rude. They gave me keys to the wrong rooms 4 times at check in, then at check out, a manager calls me to tell me I am getting charged for a blanket and pillow that went missing in the room when I left. They charged me 54.00 for something I never took. Their excuse was that their housekeepers are pretty reliable. That doesn't sound too realistic and truthful to me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking for the time to write this review. 4 staff members saw you leave with our property. I did explain if you brought them back we would of coarse refund the charge.

Travellers are raving about these Highland hotels

Endicott, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was not exactly that pleased here. I had requested a non-smoking room and the one given was clearly a smoking room. In fact, someone had REMOVED the smoke detector from the room. I did not think this was even legal for a hotel to rent a room where the smoke detector was removed or disabled. It wreaked of smoke and I had a headache the next day from it. I asked the person at the desk about it that night and they told me it was non-smoking and said he had no other rooms available. He told me to open the window and gave me a bottle of Fabreeze to spray to take out the odor. The person at the desk in the morning then informed me it was in fact a smoking room. I had not had problems at other Super 8 hotels where I have stayed until this one. The staff there could have at least offered a discount or something to make up for this, but did not.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SDonahue13
Thank you for taking the time to express your dismay. We sure hope we can make it up to you on your next stay!! The room you had chosen was the last "first floor" room with 2 doubles beds available. Being you needed a first floor room, on that night this was the only room we had available on the first floor. We do apologize for your dismay. Please feel free to call me directly so we can discuss this matter further. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Days Inn Poughkeepsie
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
#2 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls

Been to Super 8 Highland NY? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Highland NY

Property: Super 8 Highland NY
Address: 3423 US Highway 9w, Highland, NY 12528-1902
Region: United States > New York > Highland
Beach Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Highland
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Highland NY 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Highland NY reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Highland Hotel Highland