Super 8 Highland NY
Residence Inn
US$174
US$156
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshudson valleybasic hotelfront desk staffclean roomsnew yorkmicrowavethruwayconvenience
Reviewed 1 December 2008

Somebody ought to tell the people who run this place that their proferred breakfast is neither substantial nor nutritious. I was there as part of a group for a long weekend recently and glad that the coffee was acceptable (and the coffee maker in my room was lacking a pot!); the provisions were minimal. A few inexpensive donut type pastries ran out quickly, leaving white bread or toast as alternatives - not even rolls or bagels, and no cream cheese. There were a couple of cold cereals, as well as tea, milk, cocoa and two kinds of instant oatmeal. No fruit, no yogurt, nothing more substantial. I didn't expect breakfast meats, grits or eggs or even more hot cereals than the instant oatmeal - all of which I've had in other motels breakfasts included in price - but this was a big disappointment, even for a budget motel.

In other respects, the rooms were clean and well attended to, and my no smoker did not reek of smoke. The shower and cable TV worked well and the staff was courteous - also helpful when it came to recommending restaurants. I'd probably go there again but will go out for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Whoppalova
Reviewed 24 July 2007

If your idea of a healthy breakfast is CARBS / SUGAR and watery fruit punch as juice - this is the place to stay. I asked for yogurt or fruit for breakfast and the reply was "that's an optional breakfast" Super-8 doesn't provide that" When I responded that the 2 Super-8 locations that I had stayed at in June provided fruit and yogurt choices - I received the verbal tap dance. The Front Desk was minimally polite if you interrupted their PERSONAL phone calls or Web-surfing. Our room was marginally clean for the first night - but had much improvement when a complaint was lodged with housekeeping. I'd try looking elsewhere before booking here again.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 2 May 2007

This was a clean hotel with good sized rooms and what appeared to be fresh paint and new carpet everywhere. The desk help was marginal, and the breakfast was the typical basic continental version with no frills. All in all a good hotel for the money - I couldn't find anything comparable in cost in the area.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank oakelm
Reviewed 30 September 2006

Call the GM Lorain Neal directly at 845-691-6888 to confirm late check in even if you get confirmation number from 1-800#. At 1:30am Super 8 corporate reservations informed me that the Highland hotel canceled my reservation at 12:30am. I tried to check-in at 1am at the Front desk & was told my credit card was declined in the afternoon therefore I did not have a reservation. (Note: I made reservation made after 6pm and my card company informed me that no authorizations were processed) No answer was provided why they waited to cancel reservation at 12:30AM when my card was "so-called" declined in the afternoon. GM was called and could not help since it was so late. I was not offered a room since the hotel was sold-out. I called the hotel later and asked procedure for declined reservation and was told that they honor reservation and get new card upon check-in. I was not offered this option. I spoke with customer service and they said the reservation should have been honored and if there was no availability I should have been walked to another hotel. They could not assist since it was a franchise hotel. The GM sent me a letter instead of calling me back to discuss the problem and solution.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yquem
Reviewed 7 April 2006

The Super 8 was clean and the room was decent-sized. The complimentary breakfast is the usual carb-fest. The front desk was polite, but not much beyond that. You have to pay $9.95 a day for internet access, always a big gripe of mine. If this hotel had any nearby competition, it would force the rates down as I'd say it's low on the value for your buck meter.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business