“The Place to Stay in the Hudson Valley”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Highland
Fox Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Highland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Fox Hill a couple of times and can't wait to go back. One visit was with friends, another was with families. The accommodations are comfortable for a couple or a family. There are plenty of activities from hiking or biking to shopping or sight seeing (not to mention the year 'round hot tub and the pool in the summer).
What was most important to me was that Sheila - the hostess with the mostest, our Proprietess, made us feel very welcome and at home. I have known Sheila for many years, but had never been her guest before I stayed at Fox Hill. Nothing was problematic, everything was easy. I have recommended Fox Hill to friends of different ages and have always had good feedback.
By the way, we will be back this summer.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem, let Sheila know.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 January 2014

My sister, father and I spent four beautiful days here in mid-September when the leaves were just starting to turn. The inn is cozy and inviting, the location couldn't be better and the breakfasts were yummy. Especially enjoyed the proximity to the fabulous 'rails to trails' area where one can ride or walk for miles. Sheila has bikes and helmets so no need to bring your own. The pool is large and the patio area is great and we hottubbed on a beautiful starry night. There is a nice gas BBQ grill, plenty of under cover seating, and the grounds are fabulous with huge trees enclosing the generous backyard. There's also a workout room off the pool so if you must continue your exercise program, no excuses here! Sheila has three beautifully outfitted bedrooms with soft colors and comfy beds. Nearby towns are full of amazing antique stores, great restaurants, pubs, and candy shops. Nestled in the heart of the Hudson River Valley with its culture and history, Fox Hill is the perfect spot to get away from the city and relax in peace and quiet. Sheila is the perfet hostess and a great cook. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank montanachef02
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My fiancee and I stayed a weekend at the B&B in early November 2013. Sheila was a wonderful hostess. Made us a great breakfast and was helpful in suggesting plans. We ended up using her bicycles to ride to Walkway Over the Hudson which was fantastic. The hot tub was also excellent.

Highly recommend the B&B.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed four nights at this lovely and "chill" spot.
The proprietress, Sheila F, was welcoming and helpful-not to mention an awesome
breakfast chef. She suggested hikes, points of interest in the area, places to eat and even directed us to a reputable Tattoo Shop in town, as my daughter wanted another ear piercing for her 17th birthday.
My favorites about the place were the roomy accommodations (queen bed, sitting room and bathroom), beautiful grounds(flowers galore, huge yard, trees, swimming pool, equipped work out room and hot tub)porch swing for star gazing at night and the solitary seat at the koi pond for taking a few moments to realize how lucky and blessed I am.
I travel to New York City at least twice a year and always like to take a few days outside the city-having found Fox Hill B&B-I now have my to go place in the country.

Room Tip: Pick a color-purple, pinky, blue green- all tastefully done.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ellen S
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I were on our way home to Boston and had one night to spend in this beautiful area. It was very last minute...I was literally calling from the road with only an hour heads up. We pulled up and Sheila, the owner, came out and was so welcoming even though we dropped in on her so late. This ended up being an amazing choice of B&B for a few reasons...first, the home has a swimming pool AND a hot tub - very unusual for a B&B. The rooms are decorated in a more contemporary but still cozy way (no doilies or crazy floral patterns). And, wait for it...before buying Fox Hill, Sheila taught at a culinary school in the city and is a dietician! She had just been to the farmers market that afternoon. I have a wheat allergy, so I eat gluten free, but I wasn't going to make a thing of it since we booked so late and gave her no lead time. Sheila didn't skip a beat - she had GF mix on hand and asked if I liked blueberries with my waffles! I couldn't wait:).

We went up to our room, Euphrosyre, and it was great! Lots of purples and grays with a separate sitting room leading to the bedroom. Private bath had a standing shower, hair dryer available and plenty of towels. Sheila recommended New Paltz as a great college town with good restaurants and we went to check it out and had a great night. When we got back we hit the hot tub!

After a deep sleep we woke up and went down for some coffee before breakfast. Now, I don't know about most people, but the coffee served at a B&B can make a huge difference in the stay - I always remember if the coffee is bad or weak. Sheila served up some seriously strong coffee that was the perfect start to the day. Breakfast was awesome - my GF waffle with fresh blueberries was heaven, and for my husband Sheila made soft poached eggs with veggies and tortillas...he loved it and when she asked if he wanted half a waffle, he jumped on it. It was so delicious!! Sheila clearly loves being in the kitchen and creating great, fresh meals for her guests.

After talking with her, we learned that she has only run this B&B since December '12...hence the reviews for Jerry&Jeri. She is off to a great start and highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking to enjoy the attractions of the Hudson area or just a quiet night in. We would have loved a couple more nights here and will definitely be back. We took some quick photos that I'll post here too! Thank you Sheila for your hospitality!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank M-ZTripTravel
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We can't wait to come back for the beautiful gardens, tasteful and comfortable rooms, great breakfasts, warm and welcoming proproprietress Sheila, interesting books to read, great pool and hot tub, great places to visit and an easy walk to the rail trail. Sheila has bikes to lend, and dvds, our room had a cable tv/dvd and a separate sitting room with couch. It was so.lovely!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sgima
Reviewed 11 July 2013

From the moment you enter Fox Hill B&B, you know you are in a place where you can make yourself at home. The new proprietress, Sheila Fishman, is ebullient and intelligent and a wicked cook to boot. She is a registered dietician, so you can expect a deliciously healthful and elegantly served breakfast that will make your taste buds take notice.

The cozy Inn itself is warmly embraced by beautiful grounds filled with incredible perennials lending color and exuberance to the gently rolling hills all around.

Enjoy the huge inviting swimming pool and warm up a chilly night in the covered hot tub, big enough for a family.

The rooms are all playfully decorated to make you feel at home but not overdone with too many knick knacks that get in the way of your own belongings.

Treat yourself to a walk or run to the nearby Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park, opened in October 2009 the Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park is a legacy project of the Hudson Fulton Champlain Quadricentennial. It offers access to the Hudson River's breathtaking landscape for pedestrians, hikers, joggers, bicyclists, and people with disabilities.

The bridge deck is 212 feet above the river's surface and is 6,768 feet (1.28 miles) long, making it the longest, elevated pedestrian bridge in the world.

See more at: http://nysparks.com/parks/178/details.aspx.

Overall, you can't go wrong taking a weekend sojourn at Fox Hill B&B. Or do yourself a favor and make it a weekday destination. Proprietress Fishman will make you feel right at home.

Room Tip: All three rooms are huge with sitting areas and televisions. If you don't like climbing stairs...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jackied881
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Hampton Inn New Paltz
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
#4 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie

Been to Fox Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!