“Most impressive resort”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Highland
Rocking Horse Ranch Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Highland
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Returning back to the ranch for the second time, I found it even cleaner and more friendlier then our first visit. The staff was excellent from the restaurant to the people who ran every activity. The life guards at the water park were more attentive then any I have ever seen.
The stable attendance made everyone from beginner to an expert feel comfortable and safe. I was amazed how clean the entire facility is kept considering all the children and all the activities that were constantly going on. What a great family vacation, everyone was pleasant, both guests and operators. You will definitely enjoy your time at the Rocking Horse Ranch.

1  Thank Weinstocktravel

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was our first time at RHR; I brought my grandmother and three children. Extremely friendly staff, immaculately clean, and loved the fact that the kids can do "active" activities vs. spending money in an arcade like at Great Wolf Lodge. The horse adventures were fantastic, and love how the resort is all inclusive! Felt like I was on a cruise with all the food available! The water park is just the right size where kids can make friends and play together, and you can keep an easy watchful eye on them! Bonfire and shows were great, especially Jeff the Juggler, I haven't laughed that hard in years! Will definitely be returning yearly, and maybe even more!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building closer to the lobby are a bit noisier, as you're closer to the elevat...
1  Thank Mommyof3luvs
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I took my two children (10 & 13) to RHR for first time this week. We had an amazing time!! The western themed resort is kept meticulously clean, the food was wonderful (the menu changes daily) my daughter is gluten free and Kathy Combs, the fabulous manager went out of her way at each meal to be sure she had something delicious to eat. Even bringing her a special chocolate "fountain" of her very own. Everyone who works here is kind, genuine and friendly. Annie runs many of the games/activities...she truly loves her job and it shows. We never waited more than a few minutes at any activity and there is plenty to do. I requested a quiet corner room on second floor and my wish was granted...who could ask for more! The night time entertainment was terrific too. Jeff the Juggler was impressive and his act is hilarious even to an adult. My children were truly disappointed we had to leave...we'll be back this summer though!!

Room Tip: There are only two floors..the second is quieter as no one above you. I requested a corner and it wa...
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a really nice resort with many activities to do from horseback riding to scavenger hunts to nightly entertainment. The resort is immaculate, the people are very friendly and the food plentiful. Yes it's a little pricey, but I feel it's worth it. You will not want for anything to eat or do. I had my two children 12 &11 and they were always busy. They did not want to leave! We will be back

Room Tip: Stayed in main lodge on 1st floor. While it did not bother me, there is some noise overhead. If yo...
2  Thank 253Stephanie
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We love RHR. Really just perfect for a family!!!! Horses, good food, awesome staff. The night time activities are kid friendly and fun. Really not much more to say. Thanks for a great vacation.

See you next time!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 2kils
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Rocking Horse Ranch is where I grew up every year for 7 years. I have watched the place develope and change and I have learned so much through the barn. It is a great family friendly place, with many activities avalible for children. Personally I'm there to ride and I go on every ride possible. The wranglers start to know you and treat you like family. I have made many long term friends here with the staff. But It is a bit pricey but it's worth the ride!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Shiloh12345
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I come here for the riding,it is a bit pricey,I love the wranglers they are very helpful and kind. I went on every ride and had a blast! The wranglers first priority is to make sure everyone is being safe and most importantly having a good time.

• Stayed: April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
Super 8 Highland NY
Super 8 Highland NY
#2 of 5 in Highland
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls

Been to Rocking Horse Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!