“A Great Family Vacation Every Time”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Highland
Rocking Horse Ranch Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Highland
“A Great Family Vacation Every Time”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was our third trip to RRR, and it never fails to impress. If you are looking for a place where you will never hear "I'm bored", here it is. It is a true all inclusive where kids will be exhausted at the end of the day, and you will have spent nothing additional. Great staff, clean, and they feed you all day long. The horse riding is great, on trails through 100s of acres of forest, with streams, deer, foxes and more to see on the ride. You can ride every day all day long if that is what you like, or while some of the family goes riding, you can relax in the lodge near the fire with a book or fish bass in the lake. Dinners are excellent with time to sit and catch up on the days stories before the live entertainment of the evening. As a rule we never go to the same place twice, we have been here three times and booked again as we left. Proof enough. Have a great stay!

Room Tip: There are rooms in the maine lodge- where the dining room, pool and all the activities are -or in an...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I just called to make reservation for myself & 2 kids AFTER telling them we were going. Because I'm a single parent, I was going to be charged a 50% HIGHER rate than if I had another adult in the room. They wanted to charge me $1000 for 2 nights (Sun-Tues), kids are free?!?!?! I asked to speak to a manager & she stated this is their reservation policy. So disappointed & disgusted.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
17 Thank adriene81
rockinghorseranch, General Manager at Rocking Horse Ranch Resort, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Adriene,

I’m very sorry you did not have a pleasant experience with our reservation process. Our rates are based off having 2-adults in every room. When only one adult is in the room, instead of charging for the two adults, we discount the price to one and a half adults. I can understand how you might think this is a “penalty”, but I can assure you this is a standard amongst family all-inclusive resorts. Please give us a call again so we may find a better time suited for your budget.

Kyle, GM
Voorhees, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Returning back to the ranch for the second time, I found it even cleaner and more friendlier then our first visit. The staff was excellent from the restaurant to the people who ran every activity. The life guards at the water park were more attentive then any I have ever seen.
The stable attendance made everyone from beginner to an expert feel comfortable and safe. I was amazed how clean the entire facility is kept considering all the children and all the activities that were constantly going on. What a great family vacation, everyone was pleasant, both guests and operators. You will definitely enjoy your time at the Rocking Horse Ranch.

1 Thank Weinstocktravel
Delaware
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was our first time at RHR; I brought my grandmother and three children. Extremely friendly staff, immaculately clean, and loved the fact that the kids can do "active" activities vs. spending money in an arcade like at Great Wolf Lodge. The horse adventures were fantastic, and love how the resort is all inclusive! Felt like I was on a cruise with all the food available! The water park is just the right size where kids can make friends and play together, and you can keep an easy watchful eye on them! Bonfire and shows were great, especially Jeff the Juggler, I haven't laughed that hard in years! Will definitely be returning yearly, and maybe even more!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building closer to the lobby are a bit noisier, as you're closer to the elevat...
1 Thank Mommyof3luvs
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I took my two children (10 & 13) to RHR for first time this week. We had an amazing time!! The western themed resort is kept meticulously clean, the food was wonderful (the menu changes daily) my daughter is gluten free and Kathy Combs, the fabulous manager went out of her way at each meal to be sure she had something delicious to eat. Even bringing her a special chocolate "fountain" of her very own. Everyone who works here is kind, genuine and friendly. Annie runs many of the games/activities...she truly loves her job and it shows. We never waited more than a few minutes at any activity and there is plenty to do. I requested a quiet corner room on second floor and my wish was granted...who could ask for more! The night time entertainment was terrific too. Jeff the Juggler was impressive and his act is hilarious even to an adult. My children were truly disappointed we had to leave...we'll be back this summer though!!

Room Tip: There are only two floors..the second is quieter as no one above you. I requested a corner and it wa...
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a really nice resort with many activities to do from horseback riding to scavenger hunts to nightly entertainment. The resort is immaculate, the people are very friendly and the food plentiful. Yes it's a little pricey, but I feel it's worth it. You will not want for anything to eat or do. I had my two children 12 &11 and they were always busy. They did not want to leave! We will be back

Room Tip: Stayed in main lodge on 1st floor. While it did not bother me, there is some noise overhead. If yo...
2 Thank 253Stephanie
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We love RHR. Really just perfect for a family!!!! Horses, good food, awesome staff. The night time activities are kid friendly and fun. Really not much more to say. Thanks for a great vacation.

See you next time!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 2kils
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
#2 of 5 in Highland
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
#2 of 13 in Poughkeepsie

Been to Rocking Horse Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!