“Beautiful and Impressive”

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Impressive”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

They offered a 1-hour or 2-hour tour. We opted for the 2-hour tour. Our tour left and returned on time. For anyone wondering, there is a restroom on the bus, as well as a stop on the tour that has a restroom. But you're better off if you can avoid the bus and use the visitor's center or stop on the tour. Guide shared many interesting historical highlights and pointed out all the important landmarks. It is mainly a bus tour with a few stops that included the West Point Cadet Chapel, a walk through West Point Cemetery and Old Cadet Chapel, and Trophy Point. Recommend brining a bottled water since there aren't any places to get one along the tour. Plan to spend extra time if you want to take in the exhibits in the Visitor's Center and the Museum.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank G G

Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Must”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Worth the time. Very informative tour guides and great customer service. It is mostly bus transport with 3 stops for walking tour. My family and I loved it. We will go again in the future. Great job.

Visited June 2014
Stony Point, New York
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Worth the Money”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We have lived 10 miles from West Point for over 30 years. Finally decided to take the tour. Glad we did - very well done - very interesting.

Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Good tour but had awkward moments with other guests”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The tour was nice and informative and West Point's is a beautiful campus. My family did experience several awkward moments between the tour guide and some Chinese guests which made the tour seem a bit hurried at times and then detracted from our experience trying to listen to the guide. I offer these suggestions to West Point Tours; Print up some tour rules in several languages for guides to pass out when tickets are purchased BEFORE boarding the buses and getting to the gate guard and having to kick guests off the bus and make them walk back to the visitors center. The printed rules should also include the tour described in numbered sequence of the point of interest and by doing so the translators would have a lot less talking to do and the guides would not need to compete with the translators which will help keep the tour on schedule.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank B3Spooky
Sagle, Idaho
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Memorable and beautiful”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I cannot say enough about how beautiful the grounds and buildings of West Point are. We took the two hour tour led by Marti. She was very knowledgeable and enjoyable. We went the day after graduation so there were many weddings being held. We had to do the tour out of its usual sequence to be able to see the main chapel after the weddings were completed. We are so glad we were able to see it. The stained glass windows were so beautiful. We had stops at the parade field, cemetery, original chapel and main chapel where we were able to get off the bus. I had no idea what to expect from the tour or what it entailed. Unfortunately I did not do my usual research before arriving for this tour. I guess I thought it would include going into some of the buildings such as the mess hall. The only two buildings included in the tour were the two of five chapels we stopped at. I did not know that tours are given about 360 days of the year and I would love to return at a different time of the year to maybe see some cadets in action.
Our only complaint was the bus ride was very brisk and the buildings passed by very quickly, faster than the guide could describe them. I also think the right side of the bus is the preferred side to see most everything. I also think they could have spent a little less time touring the cemetery and added another stop viewing the river and the famous chain from the revolutionary war that deterred the British from going down the Hudson River from Canada to New York.
They also offer an hour tour but I do not know how it differs from the two hour tour.
We booked an afternoon tour in advance on the internet. We did not know that the museum closes at 4pm and we did not arrive at West Point early enough before our tour to visit it. That was a disappointment. But like I stated previously, we will visit again. Be sure you take your ID and photos are allowed during 90 percent of the tour.

Visited May 2014