“Really, Really, Really, Not Good” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andy's Restaurant

Andy's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cadiz, Kentucky
“Really, Really, Really, Not Good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've been to Andy's twice now. The first time was manageable, this time was the dagger in the heart for us though. My wife and I decided to grab breakfast because there's not much in the way of options for Highland Falls and we didn't want to drive to Fiddlesticks in Cornwall since we were hungry. We went in the second of two entrances, which visibly upset the waitress. She tossed us two menus and came back minutes later for our order. Attitude and all.

My wife ordered chocolate chip pancakes; which she found to be bland and disinteresting. I ordered the standard eggs/meat/potatoes/toast breakfast. The home fries were not good and needed seasoning very badly. An extra minute or two on the grill wouldn't have hurt either. The breakfast meat was thin and I passed on the sausage. Eggs were cooked well; which is why I didn't give only 1 star. The restaurant itself was extremely dirty and I'm led to believe that they don't have an ice machine, so don't expect ice in your drinks. The waitress brought my wife and other tables' drinks by holding the rim of the glass (major health code no-no). My coffee was refilled once and was burnt.

Overall, very disappointing. This is a classic eatery in a small town with small town politics and a very loyal local customer base which likely keeps it floating (with the one-time transient visitor population to boot). We won't be back and I wouldn't recommend it. Try Fiddlesticks or just settle with McDonalds.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank goldarch

Greenwood, Indiana
“Good eats, good company, easy on the wallet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The food and atmosphere were very good, with the breakfast being the better of the two meals we ate while at West Point. Easy walk from the Thayer Hotel. My 3-egg omelette was filled with meats and cheese, leaving sated for my drive. Highly recommend. My son had eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, potatoes, and toast...he could not finish it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Delaware
“Nice local restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This little place was right on Main St., and it was the obvious locals choice, especiall for breakfast. It is in and old store, and the furniture doesn't alway match, but the food for breakfast was pretty good. Try the potatoe cakes...nice!

Visited June 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“I could become a "regular" here.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at the Thayer Hotel on the grounds of West Point and were disappointed in the breakfast there. On the day we departed, we found Andy's just down the street. We sat at a table by the counter where John was doing the short-order cooking, which I consider an art. I could not believe we were in New York because grits were on the menu and among the condiments were Tabasco and Tony Chachere's Cajun Spice.... which are essentials in our home in Baton Rouge. It was a lively morning with regulars trading good-humored insults with the staff and each other.... it made me feel at home. So, if you want a quiet intimate place, go to McDonald's across the street! I ordered hash browns and ham while my wife ordered grits with sausage.... which were split and grilled.... all great! Another treat was the coffee.... we couldn't see the bottom of the cup! We like strong coffee and Andy's is close.... far better than most up north. All things considered, I could become a regular at Andy's. Try it, I think you'll like it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JSS3
Valhalla, New York
“Do lunch here!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The food is average. not bad , not great. Their bacon and egg sandwich is a rip off. $4.50 for one greasy egg and 2 strips of stretchy bacon. Lunch is better!

Visited March 2014