“A place to avoid at USMA/Highland Falls”

FairBridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Highland Falls
latrobe
“A place to avoid at USMA/Highland Falls”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was very unimpressed with the FairBridge Inn at Highland Falls, NY also listed as Bear Mountain, NY. My reservation was lost but after about 5 minutes and as many tries it was found. Somebody purchased an old EconoLodge and just changed the sign. Not only was the place run down but looked like it needed a very thorough cleaning all over. Iron work was rusted to the point of seeming unsafe and there were pieces of metal that stood out from their places that would not be safe for children. The room I booked was "supposed" to be a suite with efficiency. If the bathroom is included that made 2 rooms. The "efficiency" was a combination sink/2 burner stove stuck outside the bathroom. No utensils, pots or cooking vessels were provided and there was no In Room coffee maker. Coffee was across the potholed parking lot, in a different building that was open from 7-9 am for bagels or cereal. The walls were thin and the air conditioner, although loud, did not cover much of the in and outside noise. The tub was slow draining but the duct tape covering the holes where the hand bar was removed did not increase it's charm. I have to say the original mud prints on the tile floor did remain throughout my stay but did not contribute to the overall ambiance. There were no instructions to continue to hold the handle down until the toilet fully drained but this came with experience. And lastly, I'm not sure where the smell from the water came from but letting it run for a long time - each time - helped clear the aroma away. There is no way I will stay at this place and I will advise my friends and fellow travelers to avoid the FairBridge Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank armedinfidel
PropertyManager0101, Front Office Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. At no time was your reservation "lost".

We would like to remind patrons that from the moment a reservation is booked it can take up to one hour for reservation to process, speeds vary depending on which booking engine/website/third party you choose to book with. All reservations made directly with the hotel are processed in real time

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I guess I shouldn't have expected much for about $80 in NY state. And I did not. However, I did expect to get a good night's sleep on our first night there & a clean room. That didn't happen due to a dog barking half the night in the adjacent room. The only way I was able to finally get any sleep was by putting on my Bose Quiet Comfort 15 noise canceling headphones. The room also looked like it hasn't been properly cleaned in 10 years. I asked to switch to a different one & it was much better. No dog next to it & well cleaned. Unfortunately, for the first time in my life I did not go through everything in great detail while leaving & upon returning home discovered that I left the aforementioned, very expensive headphones in the room. I called the hotel reception in the morning & was told that nothing turned up, but they'd check & I should call back in 2 hours. I did & was told by a different receptionist that she doesn't know about my first call, but will ask the cleaning staff & call me back. She took my number down. 3 hours later... crickets. I called again & was told that she did ask, but that the cleaning staff told her that they didn't find anything. I know for a fact that I had them the night before checking out because I used them & most likely they just ended up in the sheets on the bed (which is why I didn't notice them when leaving). Guess the cleaning staff got the best tip ever.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
PropertyManager0101, Front Office Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm so sorry about your missing property. In such situations we always execute an internal investigation, but we encourage our guests to get a police report as well. Thanks again for your feedback, which we'll use to improve the experience of our future guests. I hope you'll be one of them. Please contact us directly next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Highland Falls hotels

Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was alright with this place, I found the room clean, comfortable, and cheap. The staff friendly and they provided a very good breakfast the next morning. They even remembered my name at check out. I won't deny that the place is in need of some renovation inside and out, but it was a perfectly fine place to stay in Highland Falls. It was affordable, which was the big selling point.

Room Tip: You should stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank marks123456789
PropertyManager0101, Front Office Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 February 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to West Point.

Best Regards
#2 of 2 in Central Valley
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
#1 of 2 in Central Valley

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!