“Better options in the area”

mount washington house
Ranked #7 of 8 Restaurants in Hillsdale
Cuisines: American
Description: I couldn't select american for cuisine type on my mobile phone. It would probably be best categorized as american. Great food, hope it makes it on your site!
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Some friends and family of mine ended up coming with me here because the place we wanted to go to was closed for the month. The building itself is really antique looking, and it’s really big inside. The main thing is that it feels more like a local dive bar, which is weird because t appears to have the potential to be so much more. Between the fact that their dining room is never used and they instead use outdated and tacky looking tables and chairs in the bar area, that was a bust for me. The atmosphere just wasn’t what I was looking for. It was beyond loud and everyone there just didn’t look happy.

The waitress we had was very nice and the food was fine, nothing that I’d go back there for, but I feel like if someone else were to buy it and change how it’s operated, it could be better.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We weren't thrilled with this place. We weren't treated well. Don't waste your time. A lot of better options in the area.

1  Thank SamG3336
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Just what we were looking for on a Friday night. Pub like atmosphere in an historical house. Food and service were very good

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Our food was grossly overpriced for the lack of quality and taste. The wings were tough and rubbery. I told the bartender you'd think the cook would come out and find out what's wrong but neither the bartender or cook seemed to care. We left hungry and disappointed. We won't be back.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

This place offers dining in a nice classic setting and a bar with friendly staff. The building itself is probably the nicest looking place in the near surroundings with a historic feel to it.