July 9 & 10, 2006
THIS WAS OUR 2ND VISIT AND YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WE WOULD HAVE LEARNED OUR LESSON THE 1ST TIME. THE OWNER WAS ARROGANT & UNPROFESSIONAL. THE TWO TIMES WE HAVE BEEN THERE MR. ANDREWS ALWAYS COMPLAINS ABOUT MONEY.
1. Don't use the wash cloths for your face if you have makeup? Ask Mr. Andrews to bring you "rags"? (This is posted on the back of the door to the bathroom along with other "Guest.....manors") Also posted that he loses one washcloth for every two female rons that stay there. SUGGESTION: Buy brown washcloths!
There were two used, dirty, unwashed "makeup" washcloths provided in a basket.
2. Due to my asthma, we left a note and asked to keep the room "cool" after the room was made up. It was 85 degrees & extremely humid & the room was in full sun. Upon returning to the room & asking for ice at the office, Steele Andrews, complained that we kept the room at 60 (big exageration, we asked for cool not 60) and that he could not afford to pay for AC when no one was in the room. In the meantime, we were supp'd to come back to a hot room with a 5,000 BTU AC unit that would take hours to cool down. He was not concerned that there was a medical problem with one of his patrons, only his pocketbook.
3. We requested toilet paper for my Mom's room & I was told he left it in the closet (there was none in the closet). He actually argued that there was extra paper in the room when there was not. When I also requested a "back up" roll because we had 2 people in our room, he actually commented that we had gone thru the roll already? (actually 1/2 a roll) Such unprofessional arrogance to say the least. Imagine complaining about asking for a roll of toilet paper. He finally gave in and gave the rolls but had a huge attitude problem.
4. So you pay for the room, toilet paper and AC, but restrain yourself from using it. This place is a joke and the price for all of this, $529.00 for two room for TWO NITES.
5. All the pictures, trim and headboard were very dusty & dirty, the dresser looked like it had been thru the war. The corner shower had black mold all around the perimeter. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Very run down for the price, I don't think he will be in business very long between his attitude & the way he treats his patrons (his bread & butter) & runs his business.
The place was left cleaner than we found it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edgy - yet friendly lodging, imaginative, wonderful country experience - peaceful and great for the happy adventurer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Silvanus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silvanus Hotel Hillsdale
- Silvanus Motel Hillsdale