“Enjoyable stay, excellent breakfasts.”
Review of Inn at Green River

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hillsdale
Inn at Green River
Ranked #1 of 6 Hillsdale B&B and Inns
“Enjoyable stay, excellent breakfasts.”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We are so pleased we found the Inn through searching the web. Reasonably priced, centrally located, quiet, and clean. Deborah was very helpful, a lovely hostess, and an excellent cook. I am not normally an early morning eater, but I looked forward to the Inn's fabulous breakfasts. We stayed in the Vandercook room, which is one of the smaller rooms. However, it was very nice and we loved the small, private,outside sitting area. The grounds are beautiful, also. We arrived earlier than expected, and because our room was ready, were allowed to check in at 2:00 rather than 3:00. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Inn to anyone who enjoys staying at a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012
innkeeper12, Owner at Inn at Green River, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and let others know you enjoyed your stay at the inn, the Vandercook room's private garden, and my cooking! Hope to see you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
white plains
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I have only good things to say about this B&B! My husband and I celebrated our 9th anniversary on August 2nd, and spent the night at the Inn at Green River. Deborah, the inkeeper, was very warm and welcoming. The house was charming, and the grounds, very tranquil and well maintained. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Deborah seved us an outstanding breakfast, and we left feeling very excited to share our experience with others, considering a stay in this area. I can be very picky, and this B&B came through with flying colors!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
innkeeper12, Owner at Inn at Green River, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
I am pleased that the Inn fit the bill for celebrating your anniversary, and getting a little break for yourselves! I look forward to seeing you back here again...10th anniversary?!
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Cannot say enough out this B&B. We've stayed in several B&Bs but this is one of the best. The breakfast is 1st class--coffee was out of this world and food was super creative and delicious.

The room was just...so peaceful and comfy. The decor throughout the house and rooms was amazingly intricate and well-thought out. Especially loved the wall hanging at the entrance--we examined it for 10min straight, finding new things each minute. :)

We were there on one of the hottest weekends but we stayed cool and comfy. Deborah is the consummate hostess--always gently concerned with your comfort, ready with suggestions of dinner places, hikes, places to see.

We just came for a peaceful get away...and got exactly that. The fascinating people we met at breakfast were just delightful, and the service at breakfast was also 1st class. Just an overall peaceful, kind, warm (even tho it was HOT!), wonderfully spiritual place to be for 2 nights. Would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone and am looking forward to going back in different seasons. Thanks, Deborah! :)

Room Tip: the Vandercook is a wonderful cozy room to spend lots of time in--the attached garden with Adirondac...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi Amanda! So glad you both enjoyed your getaway and that you enjoyed the other guests as well. I do have the nicest guests! Hope to see you back ....this fall perhaps? Peak foliage is generally the first two weeks of October, but lovely from late Sept through October!
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Just back from a wonderful 3 days at the Inn at Green River. Very nice room, great atmosphere and a genuinely nice inn keeper. The inn is located only a few miles from several of the small towns in the area and as such is not in the touristy envelopment but instead located in a very relaxing area. The grounds are very pretty. The breakfast was superb. The cost is reasonable and the overall experience very positive.I would not hesitate to recommend the Inn at Green River to everyone..

Room Tip: We had a chance to look at several of the rooms and the only difference would be slight price and nu...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
, Owner at Inn at Green River, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thanks, ST, for taking the time to share your experience at the Inn. I thoroughly enjoyed having you as a guest, and look forward to seeing you back again for a longer visit - there is so much to explore!

Deborah
Pineville, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This was a great July 4th week vacation largely due to the discovery we made of this wonderful Inn. The facilities were beautiful, comfortable and clean. Every corner has a different feel but everywhere inside the house you feel secure and peaceful. The grounds are exceptional and the views are beautiful. Whether you want to just walk around or explore the property is inviting. Wish that I had had more time. The hammock , the rocking chair or the lounger would have .great places to read a book rest or just take a nap.
Although the house itself exceeded our expectations what really made this visit special was the wonderful lady who takes care of the house and takes care of the guests. She immediately made us feel right at home. She made some great suggestions for dinner and entrainment and gave us her secret route to Tanglewood that got us into and out of the concert in no time
The Breakfast alone is reason enough to check into Inn at Green River. Pear Pancakes from this place should be patented! We had a wonderful time. do not let the NY State Address throw you .The Inn is located only a few minutes from several small towns and only about 14 minutes from Tanglewood. If I were returning or recommending to a friend where to stay.....I would suggest Inn at Green River without any hesitation. The price, the quality, the location all make this our choice for the future. It was a great experience and we are ready to come back!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are well appointed and quiet. I would pick a room based upon the number of beds tha...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
, Owner at Inn at Green River, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thanks, Mike J, for sharing your experience at the Inn. So glad it fit the bill and provided a relaxing stay over the hectic July 4th holiday! And thank you for posting the picture of your breakfast!

Deborah
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My wife and I spent an overnight stay at The Inn at Green River and we thoroughly enjoyed at. We were greeted with a warm smile and friendly handshake by the owner, Deborah Brown. She immediately made us feel welcomed and special. She escorted us to our room, the Van Deusen, and showed us where are of the ammentities were and how to work the double headed shower. Before we left to head to a concert at Tanglewood (about a 20 minute drive), she gave us a map and directions to the parking lot. We had a wonderful nights sleep in this quiet oasis in a very comfortable bed. We were treated to a gourmet breakfast that was very filling but not heavy. We had scones that are to die for and pear pancakes. My wife has all ready watched the video on how to make them and has order the pancake mix. We had a delightful time and I hope that we will get the chance to stay with Deborah agian!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Van Deusen and realy enjoyed it. It face the back of the house so it is very quiet...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, Owner at Inn at Green River, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thanks, Jeff -

So glad you both enjoyed your weekend here, and thanks for posting some of your wonderful photos. Hope to see you again soon....jazz at Tanglewood over Labor Day weekend perhaps!
Holyoke, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This was my first time staying at a B&B and I can say I'm very happy with my experience. It was a 2 night stay over the weekend.

My girlfriend and I arrived about 35-40 minutes early but our room was ready and the inn keeper warmly welcomed us in. The room wasn't huge (the Harvey Crandall room) but it was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. We got ourselves settled and took a look around the grounds. The grounds are spectacularly groomed and a wonderful place to relax. There is a graveyard right out back, though this was a positive for my girlfriend and I. Although the Inn and located fairly close to the road, it is not busy enough to cause a bother. Zelda the cat makes her rounds and is very affectionate.

Breakfast was amazing to say the least. Home made scones, organic hand picked strawberries, juice, fresh coffee, omelets (made with freshly laid eggs), pancakes; all excellent. Portions were perfect, both mornings I finished breakfast full without needing to ask for seconds.

The inn keeper made great recommendations on things to do in the area. She did a great job of making us feel at home.

The downsides: keep in mind, nothing is perfect and these are just some details to keep in mind. By no means did the following detract from my stay.

The wifi provided is a little quirky. It sometimes loads quickly and other times will refuse to load a page. Of course, it's free and works well enough to fulfill most needs without trouble.

Temperature control isn't really there. There was a small fan provided in the room but it still was a bit hot at night for my taste. Take this with a grain of salt though, my girlfriend still bundled up under the blankets for the most part.

Parking is a bit tight, luckily the weekend we were here there was no one else the first night and only 2 other families the second night.

Overall a wonderful experience, I would recommend this Inn to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
innkeeper12, Owner at Inn at Green River, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Hi RM -

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with me. Glad your first bed and breakfast stay was one that will encourage you to continue choosing B&B's!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsdale
The Red Lion Inn
The Old Inn on the Green
The Old Inn on the Green
#1 of 2 in New Marlborough
The Croff House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Inn at Green River? Share your experiences!