The Savannah House Inn
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$96
Hampton Inn Penn Yan(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$112
Travelocity
Chieftain Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$88
  • Free Internet
Lakeside Resort(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$101
Longhouse Lodge Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$128
Anchor Inn And Marina(Watkins Glen)
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Glen Motor Inn(Watkins Glen)
US$140
All reviewswine countrywatkins glenbachelorette partyelectric fireplacesoft music playingoverlooking the lakesouthern charmbed and breakfastgreat place to staystayed two nightspenn yanpatbrendacottagemotelsuitefuton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My girlfriend decided to take me to Seneca Lake for my birthday, over labor day weekend. We rented the suite from Friday-Monday. The Savannah house exemplifies the beauty of the Finger Lakes.

The suite is amazing. There is a whirlpool tub and a big bathroom. The bedroom area features a tv and comfortable bed. We felt like we were sleeping in our memory foam bed at home.We loved the kitchen area, because we were able to eat breakfast every day before we went exploring.

We really enjoyed sitting outside on the swing overlooking the lake, and the bonfires every night were a great way to unwind.

The best part about this place, are the two amazing people who made this place so wonderful. Pat and Brenda are special people who go out of their way to make sure their guests are enjoying their stay. If you need anything, just ask them. Getting to know them through our stay there, it is obvious that The Savannah House Inn is a rare gem.

The location on the lake is perfect. 15 minutes to Watkins Glen, and within 25 minutes of at least 25 wineries.

Overall, if you are looking for a great experience, make sure you stay here!

Room Tip: The suite is worth every penny!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
PHoke, Owner at The Savannah House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

These guests were a pleasure to have stay with us. They seemed to enjoy every minute and many of the local wineries and attractions. We very much appreciate your comments and your visit. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Savannah house for his 50th birthday and Thanksgiving. We were thrilled by how helpful Pat and Brenda were. They recommended a local restaurant for his birthday dinner which was close by, reasonably priced and incredibly friendly (good food too). For Thanksgiving dinner we recommend the Watkins Glen Hotel buffet. We did not have a reservation but they accommodated us without a long wait. Good food and price. The Savannah House Inn looks like a roadside motel from the outside but has more of a bed and breakfast feel. The room was clean, tastefully decorated and comfortable. Brenda is from the South and has tried to bring the South into the room. The towels were incredibly soft and they provide anything you might need in the bathroom. We found the room to be quiet even though it is facing the main road. We walked around their property and then down to the lake which was a nice way to start the day. Coffee is provided for guests in the main office which is a short walk from the rooms. Our room had a microwave and a fridge which was very nice for breakfast and chilling the wine. Brenda & Pat booked us a town car at our request and we couldn't have been happier with our driver and his choice of wineries. There are so many wineries to choose from that it was great to have a driver who listened to the types of wines we liked and gave us advice on where to go on our own. We enjoyed the simplicity and the peace and quiet. We are hoping to get to The Savannah House again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

This is a wonderfull descriptive account of your stay with us. Very helpful to those who have never been here before. We appreciate you taking the time to be so thorough - and we loved having you visit. Pleasa return again soon. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I just stayed at the inn this past weekend. This was a great place to stay. Very clean. The room was very cute and comfy. The owners are very nice and helpful. Good location, in between Geneva and Watkins Glen.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with others. We enjoyed getting to know you and having you spend some time with us. Please come again.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Well, all in all we had a wonderful trip and the cottage (Arrowhead Beach) - was as described. Some things might have made our whole experience better, however -

We were vacationing with another couple (sister and BIL)

The location of the cabin (which is in the town of Dresden - right on the lake) was perfect for us. There are a couple of things worth mentioning that should be attended to before next year's season -

1) There are overhanging branches from a large tree that block the center of the view of the lake from the porch. I was recovering from some surgery so sat on the porch most of the day and it didn't bother me, but my husband was all antsy about it and wish he'd brought his pole saw (lol).
2) The porch itself was very dusty and a little buggy - just looked like it could use a sweep of the broom to get away some of the spider webs accumulating around it.
3) - The gutters (again this was a hubby thing) were badly in need of cleaning. It POURED one night and those poor gutters could do nothing. Not really a big concern to me, but again - bugged hubby.
4) (This was the biggy for my sister and myself.) - you could not go into the water - it was absolutely plugged with weeds and muck - and the dock (a little rickety getting down to it) - was without any sort of ladder to climb in or out from. and the water could use some 'shocking' to get rid of those weeds. We did not go kayaking - mainly because of my recovery - but it would have been quite 'icky' if we had.

Bring BEACH SHOES - you do not want to walk through that stuff.

We did not think the ads were misleading (though it looks somewhat different from the picture on the website.) I loved the attitude - very laid back - of our hosts Pat and Brenda. Basically they left us alone to enjoy the place, and everything - including a dishwasher and spring water cooler - were included. Small but well equipped kitchen, cozy living room and two bedrooms - one really beautiful, the other pretty, clean but with a very creaky bed.

Oh - and we were all impressed with the range of books and magazines at the cabin. My BIL spent the week reading about the Erie Canal - and I delved into some of their great décor and design books.
They let you bring (well-behaved and cleaned-up-after) dogs.
for an extra 150.00/week.
I would go back to this place again - especially for a slightly lower price - but my sister was not impressed and wants a place with more accessible swimming and boating next time.

Room Tip: If you are very persnickety, you will probably not love this place. I'm not - and liked it pretty well.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KCulliS

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate it. As for the tree limb - it's about 40' up and only affects a small part of the view. The cottage actually sits forward of every other cottage, and is the only one with a 180 degree view of the lake. Because of the big shade trees along the beach, tree debris is continually falling on the roof and gutters - which at some point can slow the flow of the gutters. Cob webs are part of being by the water. Everyone gets them, and as often as we clear them, they come back. We appreciate you pointing this out, and we will make an effort to clear them more often. Depending on how "persnickety" a person is, and how familiar they are with staying somewhere that is very natural and not very urban-like, will determine their degree of ease in such a setting.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Me and my family spent four days, three night at The Savannah House. We stayed in the suite which was immaculate and decorated beautifully. It was very spacious. It fit my 4 children and two adults. My kids also made a comment how nice the room was when we first entered it. The scenery from the room is amazingly beautiful. There is a deck outside the room so you can enjoy the view quietly or you can go outside to the grounds where there are many chairs to sit and enjoy in the company of the other guests staying at the hotel and enjoy the view. There is plenty of yard for my kids to run outside safely and have fun. Every morning there was coffee always available, which is a huge plus for me. A major piece of the trip was made perfect by the owners of the Savannah Inn. Pat and Brenda are always available for their guests. . As I would get my morning coffee We would talk to Pat and he would give us some history of the area and sites to see. Everything we visited was from his suggestion and we loved each site we saw. The owners strive on cleanliness and meeting each guests needs to the fullest. It is also a great place for a girls vacation. The suite is perfect for up to 6 girls and the location could not be better.

Room Tip: suite was a perfect room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
PHoke, Owner at The Savannah House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

We were very pleased to have this family stay with us. They had never been to our area before and they spent a good deal of time exploring it and we were very happy that they had a good time. They were a joy to have and were wonderful with the other guests. Their comments are very much appreciated and we expect they will return to continue exploring. With four kids there was something of interest for each of them and we enjoyed hearing about the fun they had each day.