“Peace and Quiet to Relax”
Review of Rainbow Cove Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Himrod
Rainbow Cove Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Himrod
Pen Argyl, PA
“Peace and Quiet to Relax”
Reviewed 10 July 2008

We were traveling about 30 years ago and came across this hotel by accident. We had our sons with us who were fisherman and of course they fell in love with it. They were 5 at the time and now have their own families and still go up there to relax and fish. My husband and I still have a 12 yr old at home and we go up there every year and he loves it also. I'm sure when he has his family he will do the same. I just love the cozy atmosphere and the friendliness in a small village. We will be up again in July to relax and enjoy. The host are very friendly and accomondating.

• Liked — Friendly, relaxing, food
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank brady99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cambridge, Ontario
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Friends had chanced by this place and suggested it. We were on our motorcycle (down from Canada) and decided to give it a try.
What a treat! It was stepping back in time. The place feels like being at a friends cottage; a camp fire each night, a boat dock, a place for shuffleboard and games on a rainy day, and a nice pool. This is not the Hilton - but the rooms are clean, neat, large and comfortable. Little patios outside each room and over-hangs on both sides of the lower floor rooms make it excellent for motorcycles. It is quiet and the view is spectacular of the hills along Lake Seneca - a perfect place for a day trip (around the lake) to sample the many wineries and breweries in the area. The restaurant serves good basic food (not a wide selection). The establishment is not licensed but you are permitted to bring your own wine if you choose. It is well off the main road so their is little traffic despite having another Motel just nearby (which is licensed and has a patio on the lake). The reasonable rates just add to the appeal.

My wife and I have made this a destination each time we go through the finger lakes and have been there 3 times now with another planned this year.

It is a stones throw from Corning (glass museum, Norman Rockwell museum, etc.), Watkins Glenn, for the boating and race enthusiast), and a couple of terrific National/state parks.

I didn't want to let the secret out - but I'm taking some friends along this time. I'll probably never get a room again!

You will enjoy it!

• Liked — Clean, quiet, reasonable rates, great location
  • Disliked — Not licensed, limited meal selection for longer stays
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank Harley_Duck
hamilton ontario
Reviewed 18 June 2008

My husband and I went to rainbow cove about twenty years ago, different owners at that time. Then about three years ago decided to go back, so here we are going back again this july 08, and hopefully as long as we can. We meant two great friends there from Ohio, so of course we look forward to seeing them every year. The host Jeff & Helen are very nice and make your stay very welcomed. I have recommended Rainbow Cove to friends.

• Liked — Very clean and hospitality
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zoehamiltonontario
PA
Reviewed 30 May 2008

We have come to Rainbow Cove every fall for the last 21 years and every time we can not wait to go back. Jeff and Helen are great hosts who will do anything to make your stay comfortable and fun.

• Liked — friendly atmosphere
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank PAWineTraveler
Arcade,Ny
Reviewed 7 May 2008

I have been going to this hotel for years.I average going 3-4 times a year. yes it is difficult to get reservations here,but only because everyone wants to be there. I strongly suggest going from monday -friday if you are having trouble getting a reservation.
The owners Jeff and Helen are amazing people and will do anything for you to ensure you have a great stay.
The rooms are comparable to a cottage,and are very clean. I have NEVER had a problem with cleanliness at this hotel.
They have a beautiful pool,wich my family makes plenty use of.
There is an game room,with video games for the kids,an Recreation hall with ping pong and pool tables,and shuffle board,wich hard to believe I am addicted too[I'm only 32,and some of my best times staying here has been playing shuffle board, I THOUGHT that this was only a game that my grandparents would enjoy.]
The food here is amazing too,with a different special every nite,even the kids love the food!
I honestly can not say enough good things about this place,when we leave to go home we can't wait to go back!

• Liked — It's on Seneca Lake
  • Disliked — nohing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank sweeny75
Central NY State
Reviewed 17 August 2007

The Rainbow Cove Motel is a place that we've stayed at for years. It's a beautiful location directly on Seneca Lake that is easily accessible off Route 14. It is family owned & operated - has that personal touch. They also have a restaurant, pool, and dock/deck directly on the water. The rooms are nothing fancy or pretentious-simply clean and comfortable.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank fyrfightr17
Glen Gardner,NJ
Reviewed 30 July 2007

We stumbled upon this hotel and were very pleasantly surprised. It has everything you need, views, dock, boat, clean rooms,bon fire,restaurant,and very nice people! Conveniently located right down the street from Four Chiminey Winery..Also an excellent find...

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank JB827
Also consider these accommodations in or near Himrod
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen
The Savannah House Inn

Been to Rainbow Cove Motel? Share your experiences!