“New Location = Amazing Food and Service”
Review of Sonoma Grill - CLOSED

Sonoma Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New York, New York, United States
“New Location = Amazing Food and Service”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Was just there this past Saturday at their NEW location. Old place didn't close - was just a spinoff in partnerships - old location now a Sushi place by the other partner.

Food, as had in old place was amazing - large portions - hot and so tasty. We were a party of six and EVERYONE'S food came out correctly, hot and same time.

Service was equally grand.

On a party of 6 or more, they do add in a 20% gratuity. Our waiter was amazing. I would have given him more though :)

Only drawback - since they’re part of/linked to a HOTEL now - you need to use the hotel bathroom - no real bigger, BUT……they now play music VERY, VERY LOUD and you CANNOT hear the waiter or your guests. We've complained a few times. Believe it or not, we had dinner at 6:30 on a Saturday. The music would be fine if it was after 10p – then by all means, ROCKOUT!!!

Other than that - I would have given them 5 stars!!!

Go - bring ear plugs - enjoy the delicious food.
RMP

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank RhondaMPerry

West Islip, NY
“Awful...and they are now CLOSED”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

A friend and I and an AWFUL meal and equally AWFUL service there. Thankfully, they are now closed permanently, and a Hibachi Grill/Sushi restaurant will be moving into that space.

• Visited October 2013
Holbrook, New York
“Sonoma Grill”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Family has eaten here many times without any problems. Enjoyable meals with attentive wait staff. The food is good with large portions. On a bad note we heard that they are closing at the end of this year & being replaced by another restaurant. Sorry to see them leave.

• Visited November 2013
HoiAn Vietnam
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I went to lunch here on the recommendation of the lady I was meeting. When we arrived the hostess was on the telephone and when she got off she seemed dazed and confused. We were seated quickly, the place was not crowded, but our section with a blue ceiling and blue lights was so dimly lit I borrowed a flashlight to read the menu. I had read the menu previously on their website and had decided on the half wrap of the day and a bowl of soup. the half wrap of the day was grilled vegetables so I passed on that and had a some kind of chicken wrap with a balsamic reduction drizzled lightly on the inside. The wrap was oversized, dry and needed some kind of seasoning or additional balsamic reduction which I asked the waiter for and which improved the taste immensely. The included pasta salad was also tasteless a mix of pasta rotelli and some kind of chopped tomatoes. She enjoyed her steak wrap which had sufficient cheese in it to not be dry and we both had Blue Point Toasted beer which was tasty but should have been served in a well chilled glass and was not. I thought that the bill of $36.82 for two wraps and 2 beers in a strip mall restaurant next to a Big Lots Store on Sunrise Hwy in Holbrook NY was a tad overpriced. The food was average at best, the place was too dark to read the menu and I do not care about the flat screen TVs that line the wall to keep the sports fans happy. I would not discourage anyone from going there to try it out, it may be to their taste and they may love something else on the menu, but I would not recommend it either and certainly would not drive the 30 mile round trip that I made to eat a dry and overpriced wrap again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AllenLance
“Nice Place To Eat”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We've been to Sonoma Grill many times over the years and have never been disappointed.
The food has always been fresh and well prepared and the portions more than adequate. Their burgers by the way are really great. The decor is pleasant and the only negative I can think of is that the place can be loud at times.
All in all it is a really nice place to eat.

• Visited August 2013