“odd/ everyone was very nice yet not a typical hotel stay”

Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holtsville
Montvale
“odd/ everyone was very nice yet not a typical hotel stay”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

There was something stuck to the bathtub floor.
In any other hotel I ever stayed in house keeping was done around 2 or 3 PM. The two nights I was there both nights they were cleaning rooms well into the evening.
When I arrived on Friday evening around 8 PM there was obvious hesitation as to if a room was ready. that said they were able to issue me a room right away so not complaining, just found it odd that at 8PM they might not have been ready for me.
Went to the pub (bread and butter Is the name I think??) The taps were all removed, the TV's on and the bar was a make shift bar in the hall way. We got served from behind us while we sat at the bar.
All that said everyone was nice but didn't get the feel of a well run/organized Ramada.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

chartmannGM, Manager at Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Bruce H,

We are currently in transition from a Crowne Plaza to a Ramada Plaza. I am sorry that we did not provide you with the feeling of a smooth transition. However, we are striving to improve the hotel quality and renovate many things. Our restaurant is also under some changes as well, and I am also sorry that was inconvenient for you. We have extended guests who work overnight, so as a courtesy housekeeping cleans some of their rooms into the early evening so that they can sleep. I do not know why your room was not ready by 8pm, but I will be speaking with housekeeping to find out. I am so sorry for all your troubles, but appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. We are capable of greatness, and apologize that you have not felt so. I would love the opportunity to prove that to you some day if you come back for another stay. Contact the front desk so that we can customize your future reservation.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Cheshire
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Room was a good value. Trouble with parking due to an event. Also hall rugs had an odor. Room was fine and staff professional

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Francis B,

We are pleased that you feel the room was of good value, which is always important. We thank you for commenting on the room, and our professional and caring staff. We are transitioning from a Crowne Plaza to a Ramada; so many things are in renovations. I am sorry the parking and rugs was an issue, and I have spoken with management about these issues. Please come back to visit, for we would love to accommodate you again!

Seminole, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Ramada August, 2013 for nine days. We found the staff pleasant and the room fairly well-maintained. However, there was not even a permanent closet, only a 2x6 wardrobe cabinet! There was no mini-refrigerator, until I reminded them that I was staying more than a week- then they waived the $10 per night extra fee... but still no microwave. There was no vanity in the bath, so we had extremely limited space for any toiletries. The room itself was small, not even space for a small table & 2 chairs, only a small desk. Breakfatss were cancelled due to some type of water problem that evidently persisited for my entire stay. Parking was adequate, unless there was another function going on, which accounted for 4/9 nights...then you parked wherevevr you could find a spot - no reserve parking for hotel guests. The rates were more than acceptable, but this hotel definitely needs an upgrade. The managers name, Cassandra, was clearly posted, but we didn't really complain, since these issues are more of a corporate concern. I guess this hotel is geared for single-nighters who fly in or out, then leave quickly.

Room Tip: Single nights ok... long stays not recommended
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Anthony T,

I want to apologize for all of your troubles experienced this past August at our hotel. We are not geared towards signle-nighters, we are customer service geared and every single guest matters. Unfortunately it sounds like you stayed during our restaurant transition. It was closed for one day, and every other morning we did provide breakfast and dinner. I apologize if this information was not clearly communicated to you. I appreciate you pointing out the staff, for we take great pride in our customer service representatives! I am pleased to hear they waived the refridgerator fee for you, due to you inconveniences. We actually do have microwaves available upon request. I am truly sorry for all you have experienced, and have notified all departments in the hotel. I hope we get the opportunity to make it up to you, please contact the front desk regarding any future stays.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Holtsville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Medford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven

Been to Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island? Share your experiences!