“Not a tasty meal”

Butcher's Shop
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Fajara
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Quality international restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and catering services, with a classic contemporary menu drawing flavors from all around the world. Come and enjoy our renowned food, accompanied by a relaxed, charming and sensual ambiance. GCCI 2011 RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR WINNER.
Bakau, Gambia
“Not a tasty meal”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We got a yellow taxi the place is clean and looks good but we where disappointed by the bland taste of the meat I never enjoyed the meal perhaps I should have eaten chicken.

Visited February 2014
GoodFoodFajara, Owner at Butcher's Shop, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Eddie, sorry to hear about your disappointment. Generally, that is not the case at The Butchers Shop. What sort of meat and which dish did you order ? If you are still in Bakau, please call me at 4495069 and I will prepare you another dish of the same. i will do so to your taste requirements. Waiting to hear from you.

Newport, United Kingdom
“Must visit”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I have a holiday home in the Gambia and are regular visitors to the Butcher Shop, I have to say we both love the place. The ambience is amazing, it's almost like it's made out of trees. The prices are also much less than you would pay for a similar standard in the UK, at the time of writing expect to pay under £5 for a starter and under £10 for a main course. The food is generally excellent, occasionally it is stratospherically good, I'm loving the fish dishes at the moment and also some of the chocolate themed deserts. If you visit the Gambia I would highly recommend you try is place.

• Visited April 2014
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Possibly the best in Gambia”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant/butchers/deli. Well operated by Dris the proprietor.
I can particularly recommend the braised lamb and all the beef dishes. Have occasionally had problems getting a decent glass of wine in Gambia but not here. Slightly pricier than typical Gambian restaurants but you get what you pay for. I am happy to return here time and again. Also if you want to buy some decent meat for a BBQ to cook yourself then this is the place to buy it (do not use the supermarkets where it is all frozen and of poor quality). Also try Dris' sister's restaurant, Sea Shells, just past Senegambia on the main road.

Visited March 2014
London
“Huge portions!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I've been here several times - on this trip I had a full English breakfast one morning; it was huge! Eggs and beans, a giant portion of thick bacon and some delicious spicy sausages (not pork). Don't expect toast - its not really an understood part of breaky here but there is a generous basket of bread. Coffee is good proper coffee here - not nescafe!

I then returned the following day for lunch and had a sandwich big enough for two people to eat! It was delicious - chicken, onion and peppers in a soft baguette.

They also have a (very sweet) drink - a Pink Lady cocktail - a mix of baobab and bissap (hibiscus syrup) which is a treat.

Visited March 2014
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have been eating at the Butchers for many years, it gets better and better. Thank you Dris and Rebecca you are perfect hosts and your steak is better than any I have eaten in New York.

• Visited February 2014