“Business Trip”

Wavecrest Hotel Gambia
Dakar, Senegal
“Business Trip”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I Was in Gambia on the business trip with Banjul Breweries for 2 months and i stayed at the wavecrest hotel.
Wavecrest is in the center of everything namely airport, senegambia and all the amazing places you will want to visit whiles in The Gambia.
The staff, facility and the products was above every where else i ever stayed in.
The staff are very friendly and go above and beyond the call of duty. During my stay everything was pleasant and it was above my expectation i will advis anyone who wants to visit Gambia to please stay at the WAVECREST HOTEL.
Special thank you to Michelle, Abdoulaye, Anna and Awa and a very special thank you to the general manager Mr. Eliman Njie.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Njaayoumar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed at the Wavecrest for the 3rd time. As usual I was picked up at the Airport by the Hotel Staff who was waiting for me at the Airport. A service which is needed after a long flight.

I stayed in an apartment on the first floor. The apartment was very clean and spacious. The Living room had everything I neded. Flat screen TV, DVD, a stereo system which also played my Ipod, as well as a dining area with dining table. In the bedroom was a Superking size bed, another flat screen tv and a very large fitted wardrobe. It was a home away from home.

The Staff were extremely helpful and catered for my every need including the chef who catered for my my dietary requirements..

Meal times were fabulous, especially breakfast on the Roof terrace with the sun shining a great start to the day.

I had a few repair issues which were quickly dealt with. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to visit the pool.But more than made up for it with a trip to the beach which is a 10-15minute walk.

I have stayed at other Hotels in the Gambia but Wavecrest is by far the most friendliest and homely as well as being modern in appearance and decor.

If you want to stay somewhere which is value for money, friendly, modern and has excellent service. The Wavecrest is the place to be

Room Tip: The penthouse is definitely the best apartment. But the other apartments are very nice and spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Chuck A
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed at the Wavecrest in February 2012 after a hectic December so needed to re-focus. I found my pick-up from the airport and arrival to the hotel to be so efficient and welcoming. The staff was very accommodating and willing to please. I stayed at the penthouse suite with friends. We visited the attractions eg. Monkey Island, went to the market, beach, the gym and had clothes made to measure. The roof garden bar and restaurant was a place we frequented for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food was so tasty we didn't need to look no further. The location of the Wavecrest was close enough to many of the places we needed to go to so taxi fare wasn't expensive.

I found the accommodation very comfortable, modern and extremely clean and the staff was on top it, as I suffer from a dust allergy, this is very important for me.

I would recommend the Wavecrest and will be coming back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Had wonderful time at Wavecrest in June 2012. Staff was so welcoming and invited my friend's neighbourhood children to come to the pool. Rooms are excellent. Love the rooftop dining area. Will definately go back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I stayed at the Wavecrest with a group of friends in November 2012. Four of us shared the Penthouse.The accomodation is large spacious and airey. I have wonderful memories of waking early and sitting outside on the large balcony, sipping coffee and taking in the wonderful tranquility as the sun rose.

Another favourite of mine was dining in the rooftop restaurant, where staff catered to our every need. It is just a brilliant spot for dining anytime of the day. Mentioning the staff at the Wavecrest, they are second to none, happy to assist with great customer service skills. The food was great too with good size portions.

The Wavecrest provided great information on where to go during our stay, and organised the airport pick up and drop off. Where ever we wanted to go the hotel staff would organise a taxi to pick us up right outside the main gate.

There is also a private pool where we lounged for many hours. We found the pool to be clean and a good size, just right for our needs. The pool area attracts the sun all day long. Again the staff happily took our orders and met our needs as we sun bathed.

I have been to the Gambia before and stayed in a couple of other hotels. I found the Wavecrest to be incomparable to the other hotels I had previously stayed at, If you like contemporary, clean, spacious accomodation with great staff I would recommend the Wavecrest

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I travelled to Gambia in August 2012 with my wife, sister-in-law and 4 children. We had a great stay in the Wavecrest and felt very at home. The rooms were clean and the staff were very helpful. The quiet and peacful nights in the Wavecrest was one of the highlights of our trip to Gambia and we'd highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Romulus, Michigan
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed at the Wavecrest when we attended a family wedding in The Gambia Jan 2012. I would have loved to go back this January but it was fully booked for our dates. We arrived at the airport and was picked up by the hotel staff. We enjoyed a cool welcome drink when we reached the hotel. During our stay we enjoyed every luxury of a home away from home. With fully equipped apartments style with full kitchen and all the amenities we needed to complete the holiday and make it perfect.

The staff were extremely helpful and professional. Nothing was too much for them to do for us. From laundry to calling taxis. Our stay was the best ever.

The roof restaurant was incredible for breakfast in the morning and the views from this beautiful location was truly amazing. We enjoyed delicious dishes both local and continental menu. Which were sometimes served on our private terrace.

The pool was beautiful and clean actually gleaming. I've booked to go back Feb 2014 for my brothers 50th birthday.

Room Tip: All all are beautiful. We viewed 3 different ones Ground floor has garden and pool view. We stayed o...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bola E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kotu
Senegambia Beach Hotel
Sunset Beach Hotel
Ocean Villa Heights
Ocean Villa Heights
#3 of 4 in Brufut

Been to Wavecrest Hotel Gambia? Share your experiences!